+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Durham played someone from the Hundred, while we stuck with the.players who got us to the Final.

I would have taken 296 any day of the week and was surprised that the media seemed to think it was so much under par.

I may be wrong, but that’s the first Cup Final we’ve ever won isn’t it?

Great and well deserved win, proud of them.
    Well we lost in 1977 (watched the former on telly and got murdered, was at Lords for the other but can't remember much about it at all LOL) and in the 90's i think but first trophy since 2004.

I did say playing at Trent Bridge and not Lords might be a good thing, and so it came to pass

Well done Glammy! Enjoy the night players and fans alike.

Fantastic!

Chuffed for Salter, well deserved motm.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    he did exceptionally well and glad to see him get the recognition

Durham played someone from the Hundred, while we stuck with the.players who got us to the Final.

I would have taken 296 any day of the week and was surprised that the media seemed to think it was so much under par.

Look at my post two above yours Bob

Well done to all concerned at Glamorgan for the BEST one day performance , with bat and ball, I can remember for a long time and well deserved . I think all the batters did well to get to double figures today, Root excepted, all with good SR , but line and length won the day
    We were a much better all round team than Durham today, a win by 58 fantastic.

Seems a long time since I was at Lords in 1977 and again in 2000 but we have finally won a one day knock out competition. Well done to the whole club. Such a pity it's been downgraded to a Thursday afternoon in Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Seems a long time since I was at Lords in 1977 and again in 2000 but we have finally won a one day knock out competition. Well done to the whole club. Such a pity it's been downgraded to a Thursday afternoon in Nottingham.
    That’s the disappointing part. A lot us would have gone to the Final if it had been on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Yes a real shame it wasn’t played at Lords on a Saturday in front of a full house with many fans of both sides in attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That’s the disappointing part. A lot us would have gone to the Final if it had been on a Saturday.
    Would have given you a break from your Biscuitmen woes Pearcey

On the train back to London and have treated myself to a couple of bevvies on the way to St Pancras to celebrate. Great, great day out.

I thought Glammy posted a par score, maybe a touch on the light side, but what a performance with the ball and in the field. For Hogan to get the last wicket bowled as well was the icing on the cake.

Give Reingold a proper shirt as well ffs!

OH GLAMMY GLAMMY!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Would have given you a break from your Biscuitmen woes Pearcey
    Yeah I know

Banned

Can't believe it was 2004 since glam won a cup.
    That is mental

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Absolutely deserved.
    Durham were bossing it til Salter came on and shook 'em up.
    Did very well with the bat too as it turned out.

Anyone know if there are highlights planned anywhere?
    I'd like to watch it again but condensed a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Absolutely deserved.

The Glammy site has all the wickets. I may have replayed that final wicket once or twice this evening already

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The Glammy site has all the wickets. I may have replayed that final wicket once or twice this evening already

Absolute poetry in motion wasn't it 😍

Absolute poetry in motion wasn't it ��
    Lovely stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    From my recollection the finals against Gloucester and Notts were nowhere near full houses but I take your point about a Saturday.
    Yes..a cold September day at Lords..take your pick seat wise..wouldn't let me unfurl a Welsh flag..boring *****..give me the Oxal any day of the week..

Wonderful, great performance, and Carlson joins the record-breaking Whitchurch High School alumni!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    On the train back to London and have treated myself to a couple of bevvies on the way to St Pancras to celebrate. Great, great day out.

I thought Glammy posted a par score, maybe a touch on the light side, but what a performance with the ball and in the field. For Hogan to get the last wicket bowled as well was the icing on the cake.

Give Reingold a proper shirt as well ffs!

OH GLAMMY GLAMMY!
    Have a great trip back. Glad you were there to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Have a great trip back. Glad you were there to enjoy it.
    Cheers boss. I know I and others that got to travel were lucky to be able to do so at such short notice, more supporters deserved to be there to witness that. Travesty this wasn’t on a weekend, although having been to Lords plenty since living in London it was a pleasure to go to Trent Bridge for the first time to tick it off. Saturday or Sunday moved to different venues every year doesn’t seem an awful shout to me after today.

Hope everyone there and following wherever they were in the world enjoyed it. Days like these haven’t come too often for us recently so I hope and I’m sure it has been savoured.

Absolutely deserved.

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/ne...ry-over-durham

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Cheers Taff

I should preface this message by saying that it will only be of interest to cricket nerds (particularly Glamorgan ones).

It's funny what I think of when walking my dog every morning. Today, cricket was the furthest thing from my mind when, suddenly, I thought "hang on, Glamorgan have won a Cup Final before!". My first thought when yesterday's match ended was that we'd finally won a cup to go with the league triumphs we'd managed and it's been reported everywhere that it was a first, but everyone is forgetting about the Tilcon Trophy!

I daresay there are some reading this who weren't able to forget the Tilcon Trophy because they'd never heard of it in the first place, but it was a mini tournament played in Harrogate every year featuring Yorkshire and three other invited counties which consisted of Semi Finals and Finals in a limited overs format. The tournament would never have a chance of prospering these days, but it was a fairly prestigious competition towards the end of the twentieth century and, perhaps because of the quality of hospitality on offer, it was a matter of course that all of the invited sides would field their strongest teams.

Glamorgan won the tournament in 1980 after beating Yorkshire by ten wickets in a rain affected Semi Final with John Hopkins scoring seventy six not our and Alan Jones unbeaten on sixty one. This win earned them a Final against Kent and we were comfortable winners. Glamorgan scored 276-4 off fifty five overs Javid getting sixty eight and Norman Featherstone sixty one, while Ezra Moseley got four wickets as we dismissed Kent for 222. The man of the match went to a Glamorgan player who scored an unbeaten eighty seven and took four wickets who passed away at the age of just fifty one, anyone remember him?

The last Tilcon Trophy was played in 1992 and was won by Glamorgan (I wonder of we kept it?) who edged a tight Semi Final against Yorkshire (for whom Sachin Tendulkar scored forty) by eight runs after we'd managed just 175 with Hugh Morris being the mainstay with eighty two. Two Steve's, Bastien and Barwick took four and three wickets respectively.

In the Final, Glamorgan faced Sussex and their victory was a lot more comfortable this time. Tony Cottey got ninety one as we amassed 291-5 in fifty five overs and Sussex could only manage 169 as Bastien claimed four more victims.

I suppose Glamorgan's Cup Final wins in 1980 and 1992 are much like Wales' Euro Quarter Finals of 1976 - gone and largely forgotten.

Pretty much before my time TOBW but I’ve heard that tournament mentioned on the radio in the past. I think you’re right regarding the “quality of the hospitality” from what I recall being said!

Just read a match report that said Kiran Carlson went to Whitchurch High School. Another sporting great off the conveyor belt?