+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: So it's National Insurance then

Re: So it's National Insurance then

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Judging by my experience , the experience of friends with elderly parents and chats with the staff of 4 care companies who have provided care for my family it's just the tip of the iceberg

All the ones we have been allocated pay the minimum wage

And there are lots of staff at breaking point

If you have experience of working in or dealing with care companies then that's your view but in the area I live there are lots of horror stories from the staff , and complaints about staff

It's not isolated

I mean when people with little experience of caring for vulnerable people set up a private company and pay their staff low wages ......right across the board ......the money wins everytime
    I have experience of a couple of private care agencies, and in my opinion, both were negligent on times and put the service user at risk of harm due to the shoddy training provided. 3 days in house training in order to learn how to hoist someone with MS or Parkinsons, dementia etc. It's scary.

95 percent of care for the vulnerable at home was provided in house in 1993

Now it's all been outsourced to these money making private companies

And it's very rare for the local authority ......unless it's for hospital discharge ....to be involved ......and if they are it's for a few weeks ......then the private companies are on the money again .

It's unbelievable , but true that in this country millions of frail and vulnerable people are not looked after by decent paid staff with uniforms , workers rights and pensions ....but by poorly motivated , badly treated individuals

Even worse than this is the fact is billions of cash is going to private companies in the process

Some of these care companies are franchises and are raking it in on the back of others

Thatcher started all this , Blair did feck all to change things and Boris is just tiddling around the edges

He will be OK though

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I have experience of a couple of private care agencies, and in my opinion, both were negligent on times and put the service user at risk of harm due to the shoddy training provided. 3 days in house training in order to learn how to hoist someone with MS or Parkinsons, dementia etc. It's scary.
    My old man was in a care home which had just one hoist

And that was broken

I went to see him and he was left in a common room , nobody there , in his own piss

Got him out of there and he died shortly after

All these brochures about individual care , quality staff it's mostly a joke

Why don't these people just admit it ? We are a business and we are here to make money 💰

I could accept that, it's the quality of care that matters

The local authority care homes locally are excellent . The staff stay there for a reason .

My old man was in a care home which had just one hoist

And that was broken

I went to see him and he was left in a common room , nobody there , in his own piss

Got him out of there and he died shortly after

All these brochures about individual care , quality staff it's mostly a joke

Why don't these people just admit it ? We are a business and we are here to make money ��

I could accept that, it's the quality of care that matters

The local authority care homes locally are excellent . The staff stay there for a reason .
    Agree entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    What a load of bollocks, knee jerk tory bashing will never die in Wales
    Absolutely typical of a tory, can never actually explain why its bollocks just says its bollocks so must be true.

I can feel your face getting redder and redder.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Absolutely typical of a tory, can never actually explain why its bollocks just says its bollocks so must be true.

I can feel your face getting redder and redder.
    I'd explain why your posts are bollocks but I neither have the time nor the crayons needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    I'd explain why your posts are bollocks but I neither have the time nor the crayons needed.
    See you can't explain. You're just so enraged from 30 years of consuming tory media that other opinions just have to be wrong in your head otherwise it fries your brain, even if you can't explain.

This is the 3rd attempt of asking tories in here to explain why I'm wrong and none of you have even tried, you just divert divert divert.

Ps - I studied economics at university so please get the crayons out and teach me.

The answer is it depends on the trust and what its intended purpose was for.

Trusts can be set up legitimately, then settlors die of natural causes. HMRC wouldn't automatically assume the purpose of the trust was to avoid tax if the death of the settlor was not a predictable event at settlement.

Setting up a trust on your deathbed would see HMRC ignore the trust.

However for the purpose of this thread s102 Care Act 2014 is relevant, and places the cost burden on the life tenant of the trust.

Apropos of your final point, most trusts have provisions for either new beneficiaries or the termination of the trust and who are absolutely entitled to the assets.
    The Trust route wasn't a suitable way forward in the case of my mother as her death was predictable (terminal cancer) and almost certainly would have been seen as evasion by HMRC. Our wills do have Trust provision though. Time to check them through regarding the wording of the Trust. The law may have changed since written and Trustees may have died/retired or, in the case of one former partner in the solicitor's practice, been done for property fraud!
    It will be interesting to see how (if?) voluntary NICs are affected by the rise in NIC contributions.

Feedback

See you can't explain. You're just so enraged from 30 years of consuming tory media that other opinions just have to be wrong in your head otherwise it fries your brain, even if you can't explain.
    You've not asked me to explain anything. You've rattled your cage and stamped your foot, but other than that, all that has manifested is a lot of bluster and dogma. Notwithstanding that point, turning to your comments:

1. I agree with you that the older generation need to contribute more, considering they will be the primary beneficiaries and to date, they almost certainly have not contributed anywhere near enough for the services they have received

2. I disagree to the extent that the Tories have profited from the pandemic. Its true that some businesses will have used their relationships with ministers to get their foot in the door but lets not forget it is the civil service that sign off the contracts, not the ministers. It would be down to the civil service to ensure the tenders met the criteria. The Ministers themselves have no say, and can only make the introduction

This is the 3rd attempt of asking tories in here to explain why I'm wrong and none of you have even tried, you just divert divert divert.
    you've not asked me. Perhaps it is the way you ask it.
    Ps - I studied economics at university so please get the crayons out and teach me.
    are we supposed to be impressed that you studied a pseudo science at the college of knowledge. Economics has so many competing theories it cannot be taken seriously, the theory you adopt often depends on your politics (Keynsian, Chicago, Austrian etc). its at best an art

You've not asked me to explain anything. You've rattled your cage and stamped your foot, but other than that, all that has manifested is a lot of bluster and dogma. Notwithstanding that point, turning to your comments:

1. I agree with you that the older generation need to contribute more, considering they will be the primary beneficiaries and to date, they almost certainly have not contributed anywhere near enough for the services they have received

2. I disagree to the extent that the Tories have profited from the pandemic. Its true that some businesses will have used their relationships with ministers to get their foot in the door but lets not forget it is the civil service that sign off the contracts, not the ministers. It would be down to the civil service to ensure the tenders met the criteria. The Ministers themselves have no say, and can only make the introduction

you've not asked me. Perhaps it is the way you ask it.

are we supposed to be impressed that you studied a pseudo science at the college of knowledge. Economics has so many competing theories it cannot be taken seriously, the theory you adopt often depends on your politics (Keynsian, Chicago, Austrian etc). its at best an art
    You literally said 'I'd explain why your posts are bollocks but I neither have the time nor the crayons needed.' But you didn't then explain, so that's what I'm asking you to explain.

I didn't say tories on earlier posts have benefitted, I've said the ultra wealthy have which is true.

Well you patronised me by saying you need to explain with crayons why my posts are 'bollocks' so I thought I'd bring up that I actually have studied economics to knock you off your pedestal, most tories seem to have either learned economics from Rupert Murdoch or the ScHoOl oF lIfE

Feedback

You literally said 'I'd explain why your posts are bollocks but I neither have the time nor the crayons needed.' But you didn't then explain, so that's what I'm asking you to explain.
    that's because I did not have the time nor the crayons.

I didn't say tories on earlier posts have benefitted, I've said the ultra wealthy have which is true.
    but you did say it was down to their Tory mates, which isn't true.

Well you patronised me by saying you need to explain with crayons why my posts are 'bollocks' so I thought I'd bring up that I actually have studied economics to knock you off your pedestal, most tories seem to have either learned economics from Rupert Murdoch or the ScHoOl oF lIfE
    I'm not on a pedestal, and I'm not sure advertising you've studied what is at best an art adds the credence you think it does.

You talk about Tories the way Tommy Robinson talks about islam.

It's very difficult to engage with people so politically partisan.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You talk about Tories the way Tommy Robinson talks about islam.

It's very difficult to engage with people so politically partisan.
    I think Tommy Robinson and Boris Johnson are two sides of the same coin

Boris has plenty of form for racist insults

Boris has said many stupid things

But he is nothing like Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Boris has said many stupid things

But he is nothing like Robinson
    He's said many racist things

Just like Tommy Robinson

Just because he went to Eton and talks posh doesn't make his racist remarks any more forgivable

That's way off the mark ,Boris is a buffoon Robinson is evil

Household bills will soar by more than £1,500 a year with families on the cusp of the biggest spending squeeze in nearly a decade, experts warn.

Take away £20 from the poorest put up NI. This country is fecked.