+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This goes some way towards answering the question I asked;-

https://www.theguardian.com/theobser...care-for-covid
    Another….

Staffordshire Covid sceptic Marcus Birks dies in hospital https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-58376709

https://twitter.com/TheFreds/status/...734091777?s=19

someone's had a Weston super on this one

It won’t stop me having the booster vaccine and I know that there is a perception that the Pfizer is a little bit more effective than the Astra Zeneca, but it is a bit concerning that, having had two AZ vaccines, my third one is going to be Pfizer or Moderna - anyone seen anything explaining why AZ won’t be used?

It won’t stop me having the booster vaccine and I know that there is a perception that the Pfizer is a little bit more effective than the Astra Zeneca, but it is a bit concerning that, having had two AZ vaccines, my third one is going to be Pfizer or Moderna - anyone seen anything explaining why AZ won’t be used?
    Supply?

COVID-19: Life-saving antibody treatment to be rolled out across UK from next week, an antibody cocktail developed by Roche and Regeneron, will be initially used to treat COVID-19 hospital patients who have not developed an adequate antibody response.
    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...-week-12410623

Don't know if anyone's interested, but a couple of days ago, I got an answer to the question I asked which, on the face of it, makes sense.

Apparently the AZ vaccine has an effect on platelet production - it is thought that it's fine to have two AZ vaccines, but any more may become problematic.

n/a

UK start to pandemic worst public health failure ever, MPs say;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58876089

Any response from Boris will be to pass as much responsibility as possible towards the scientists, and to highlight the success of the vaccine programme.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Any response from Boris will be to pass as much responsibility as possible towards the scientists, and to highlight the success of the vaccine programme.
    To be fair, although our stats don't look quite as impressive now as they once did, the UK Government does deserve credit for the vaccine program, but the worst public health failure ever is as damning an indictment as you can imagine..

It was a balance

I’m for one am thankful it hasn’t meant a future of massive taxes

I’m sure I’d have a different opinion if it was one of my loved ones dying though

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It was a balance

I’m sure I’d have a different opinion if it was one of my loved ones dying though
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...etime-tax-rate

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    You're right I should have caveated that - I agree with the premise but the Tories messed it up

It was a balance

You sure about the taxes? Whose paying the 500 billion bill?

It was a balance

All they had to do was lock down a couple of weeks earlier and the economy would have probably been in a better state than it is no without the need for the inevitable tax hike.

It wasn’t a balance it was a complete and utter **** up, we only had to look at Italy for how it would have gone.

And then the same mistake was repeated again in September/October. Even if you could forgive the initial massive **** up you can’t ignore that.

It was a balance

This could go down as one of the stupidest posts of government defending we’ve ever seen on here.

Thankful a load of people died due to a massive **** up but at least we won’t see a massive tax hike!

Oh sorry we are getting a massive tax hike and national insurance increase and we still managed to kill a load of people.

I don’t understand the lack of empathy someone must have to say “maybe I’d have felt different if it was a family member of mine who died”.

You're right I should have caveated that - I agree with the premise but the Tories messed it up
    What would you have caveated it with?

Has it ever been mentioned how much state pension has been saved through the pandemic? Must have been a regular few bob per month when it was rampaging through care homes.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Has it ever been mentioned how much state pension has been saved through the pandemic? Must have been a regular few bob per month when it was rampaging through care homes.
    Ooooh touchy subject , sadly it did cross my mind in addition if the majority of the Covid victims were of the age of 81 and above that would also effect the costly treatment those unfortunate soles would have received as care cost in the NHS ,tough one to accept or even point out .

Still find it astonishing that care home staff are not all vaccinated as winter and greater risk appears once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This could go down as one of the stupidest posts of government defending we’ve ever seen on here.

Thankful a load of people died due to a massive **** up but at least we won’t see a massive tax hike!

Oh sorry we are getting a massive tax hike and national insurance increase and we still managed to kill a load of people.

I don’t understand the lack of empathy someone must have to say “maybe I’d have felt different if it was a family member of mine who died”.
    I hear this often yet I don’t know anyone who was praying for an earlier lockdown, on the contrary, when it came people were a bit miffed by it all. What they should have done is end international travel in sooner, of course they didn’t though, bit like with delta from India. That would have got here sometime mind so maybe they thought let it come in summertime

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I hear this often yet I don’t know anyone who was praying for an earlier lockdown, on the contrary, when it came people were a bit miffed by it all. What they should have done is end international travel in sooner, of course they didn’t though, bit like with delta from India. That would have got here sometime mind so maybe they thought let it come in summertime
    the government was rife with that kind of fatalist thinking

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ooooh touchy subject , sadly it did cross my mind in addition if the majority of the Covid victims were of the age of 81 and above that would also effect the costly treatment those unfortunate soles would have received as care cost in the NHS ,tough one to accept or even point out .

Still find it astonishing that care home staff are not all vaccinated as winter and greater risk appears once again.
    £170 odd a week per person state pension and, as you touch on, free prescription meds, hospital/GP visits, bus passes etc etc all curtailed in one fell swoop when that person passes. Being very cynical & suspicious was some government number cruncher totting the savings up on the news of every death? Have the figures ever been revealed? Most probably a drop in the ocean compared to furloughs etc but that will be clawed back over time, the savings on the deceased will always be savings.

Go read the first few pages of this thread. Anyone who was paying attention knew we needed it.

The company I work for had us working from home a month before the first lockdown even.

Then there was the craziness of closing all the offices but leaving all the pubs and rest open. It was about a big a **** up as you could have.

Really?
    Decisions were being made in isolation to cancel some events whilst the government dithered over making a definitive decision over others and Boris was busy shaking hands of covid patients in hospital.
    Liverpool played Athletico Madrid with 4000 Spanish fans coming over. The Cheltenham festival went ahead and all they did was install a few hand sanitizers. The government should have acted at least 2 weeks earlier in cancelling these and other events, but instead thought that herd immunity was the way to go.
    Allowing flights here from India whilst banning those from neighbouring countries was a questionable decision aswell. Wasnt he trying to negotiate a trade deal at the time?

Cancelling the Wales v Scotland rugby match so late that town was already full of Jocks who just packed the pubs instead.