+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DVLA Adding To HGV Shortages

Re: DVLA Adding To HGV Shortages

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    What do you call “a good pension”. My mate worked for the CS for 44 years, how much do you think his pension is for working all those years?
    I will be better than a lot of people in the private sector I read that 87% of public sector employees are currently paying into a salary-linked pension schemes , compared with 12% of private sector employees which deliver a better contributions I'm not saying they are wonderful , just better than a lot of folk out there

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I will be better than a lot of people in the private sector I read that 87% of public sector employees are currently paying into a salary-linked pension schemes , compared with 12% of private sector employees which deliver a better contributions I'm not saying they are wonderful , just better than a lot of folk out there
    Yes and for a so called better pension, CS’s have to put up with crap pay. So how much is a good pension and how much do you think my mates is for working 44 years?

Yes and for a so called better pension, CS’s have to put up with crap pay. So how much is a good pension and how much do you think my mates is for working 44 years?
    Oh and if it’s so great working for the CS why don’t you do it???

Serwotka is a Bluebird - i met him on the train heading back to London Bridge from the Den think it might have been the night Nicky Maynard got injured.

Personal data on thousands of PC in homes , that may not be secure really , yes you allow gate ways in but I'm guessing we are talking serous money, unless you have the answer and care to share ?
    The answer is you're talking shite.

Do you honestly believe that the hundreds of thousands of civil servants who have been working on a myriad of government databases remotely during the pandemic haven't had any access to personal data?

You boldly claimed "you cant work remotely as you have to use secure database servers due to the nature of the work." If that were true, barely anybody would be able to work from home in any industry, let alone in the civil service.

Personal data on thousands of PC in homes , that may not be secure really , yes you allow gate ways in but I'm guessing we are talking serous money, unless you have the answer and care to share ?
    I work for part of the Home Office and we are all working from home with access to individual data of hundreds of thousands including PND.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The answer is you're talking shite.

Do you honestly believe that the hundreds of thousands of civil servants who have been working on a myriad of government databases remotely during the pandemic haven't had any access to personal data?

You boldly claimed "you cant work remotely as you have to use secure database servers due to the nature of the work." If that were true, barely anybody would be able to work from home in any industry, let alone in the civil service.
    Wait until he hears that HMRC staff have been WFH.

Wait until he hears that HMRC staff have been WFH.
    Hello from my front room🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I work for part of the Home Office and we are all working from home with access to individual data of hundreds of thousands including PND.
    The same goes for the MOD Agency I just finished working for.

Someone mentioned following the advices of individual businesses on WFH rather than Mark Drakeford; no thank you!!! Does anyone really believe many businesses would favour employee health over profit? I'll stick with my friend Mark if it's all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Someone mentioned following the advices of individual businesses on WFH rather than Mark Drakeford; no thank you!!! Does anyone really believe many businesses would favour employee health over profit? I'll stick with my friend Mark if it's all the same.
    Most private sector businesses seem to be back in reasonable numbers now. It's the public sector, (particularly in Wales, presumably) that is still working largely from home, with questionable results, but that is a huge topic perhaps for discussion elsewhere.

I certainly think it's unnecessary for Drakeford to offer a route into nightclubs, but still ask people to work from home.

If it's safe enough for hundreds of people to gather in a pub, it should be safe enough for people to have face to face meetings in offices and it doesn't need the First Minister to intervene at that level, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Most private sector businesses seem to be back in reasonable numbers now.
    Seem to be. In reasonable numbers.

This is all very woolly. Where are you getting your information from?

This thread just reads like the tory boys on here are desperate for someone to take part of the blame for the ongoing CF with regards to hgv drivers, and they don't want it to be the Tories or Brexit, so now we are blaming unions and mark Drakeford

Most private sector businesses seem to be back in reasonable numbers now. It's the public sector, (particularly in Wales, presumably) that is still working largely from home, with questionable results, but that is a huge topic perhaps for discussion elsewhere.

I certainly think it's unnecessary for Drakeford to offer a route into nightclubs, but still ask people to work from home.

If it's safe enough for hundreds of people to gather in a pub, it should be safe enough for people to have face to face meetings in offices and it doesn't need the First Minister to intervene at that level, IMO.
    not very easy to nightclub from home is it?

Seem to be. In reasonable numbers.

This is all very woolly. Where are you getting your information from?
    Speaking to people, friends, colleagues, co-workers, clients and obviously working myself.

I'm not the National Statistics Office (although I will quote them when necessary).

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    not very easy to nightclub from home is it?
    I thought the concern was for people's health? Four people working in an office is less dangerous than 300 in a nightclub, no?

This thread just reads like the tory boys on here are desperate for someone to take part of the blame for the ongoing CF with regards to hgv drivers, and they don't want it to be the Tories or Brexit, so now we are blaming unions and mark Drakeford
    bLoOdY ToRiEs!

Or maybe the reasoning for HGV issues thats been drummed into you is not the whole story and you should be open minded to hearing other sides of it?

Speaking to people, friends, colleagues, co-workers, clients and obviously working myself.
    Definitive stuff.

I thought the concern was for people's health? Four people working in an office is less dangerous than 300 in a nightclub, no?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to provide either proof of vaccination or a negative LFT to gain entry to a nightclub here in Wales? No?

Definitive stuff.
    Do you have no opinions of your own? You await the releases from National Statistics to tell you what to think?

If you think a City player is good, what do you base it on? Probably your own eyes. Now stop being obtuse!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to provide either proof of vaccination or a negative LFT to gain entry to a nightclub here in Wales? No?
    Yes you do. And he could say that he would encourage businesses to do the same in order to allow staff to work together in a safe manner.

He offers a route into nightclubs, but asks people to work at home. That's the difference.

Of course Brexit played a part ,along with a global shortage , 400 thousand vacancies in Europe , unattractive working conditions , poor pay driven by cheap agency labour, unattractive industry for women and young men .The point I made could the backlog at the DVLA help to move out the HGV /Driver applications rather than look to ballot for industrial action , this is effecting other workers not just themselves ,and what really does worry me will governments or businesses move this work away from Wales whcih woudl be a massive impact in that region if it thinks the DVLA is going to continue to be a barrier ?

Do you have no opinions of your own?
    I have plenty of opinions and I'm of the opinion that you're making assumptions based on little other than your own biases.

I'm a civil servant. The only times I've worked at home during the pandemic have been on weekends when I've done unpaid work in an attempt to make up for the chronic staff shortages in our office which have been brought about by severe funding cuts in recent years.

Despite the fact that around 80% of the work my office does is now digital and could easily be done by the staff while at home, our senior management have insisted on 100% staff attendance in the office since February - this while the Welsh government were recommending that people should work from home if they can and while the senior management (who are all based in England) were working from home themselves.

It's Ok, though - we have plastic barriers between our desks now. They were installed on Monday afternoon. I kid you not. Meanwhile, the private enterprise that is based on the floor above us, and whose staff numbers usually dwarf ours, has had little more than a skeleton staff on site since the pandemic began.

He offers a route into nightclubs, but asks people to work at home if they can. That's the difference.
    There wouldn't be much point in asking people to go nightclubbing at home, no?

I have plenty of opinions and I'm of the opinion that you're making assumptions based on little other than your own biases.

I'm a civil servant. The only times I've worked at home during the pandemic have been on weekends when I've done unpaid work in an attempt to make up for the chronic staff shortages in our office which have been brought about by severe funding cuts in recent years.

Despite the fact that around 80% of the work my office does is now digital and could easily be done by the staff while at home, our senior management have insisted on 100% staff attendance in the office since February - this while the Welsh government were recommending that people should work from home if they can and while the senior management (who are all based in England) were working from home themselves.

It's Ok, though - we have plastic barriers between our desks now. They were installed on Monday afternoon. I kid you not. Meanwhile, the private enterprise that is based on the floor above us, and whose staff numbers usually dwarf ours, has had little more than a skeleton staff on site since the pandemic began.
    Thats interesting. My experience is the exact opposite. Everyone I know in public sector offices is generally at home. Private sector, the opposite.

It would certainly be interesting to see the data