Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
I'm wondering if there's a lot more to this than meets the eye.

In an interview with Mehmet Dalman on Radio Wales this lunchtime that Vincent Tan still calls the shots. When asked about having a director of football at the club, Dalman said he was in favour but the decision of whether that would happen is down to Tan. I wonder how much meddling Tan still does at the club and whether this has been a factor in McCarthy's actions in recent months.

I struggle to think of McCarthy as a manager who is as inept as he's demonstrated in recent weeks and I have no doubts that we're not as bad as we have been recently. I wonder if McCarthy had been promised some cash in the summer after doing so well last season, but that never materialised. Instead he's been told to use the kids instead. Some of his actions, such as playing 5 at the back, have been directed at the club hierachy. The double substitution that was never going to work was a definite Robin Friday salute to the board. The swiftness of his departure suggested he was ready to go.

Warnock was a wile old manager who knew who to praise at the right time, even if it was totally false praise. McCarthy is the opposite and says it as it is. He knows that we're a basket case of a club at board level and he'd had enough.

I'd love to hear what McCarthy made of his time with us, but I guess that will never happen and there will be agreements about silence made.
He may not be inept, but his efforts haven't been good enough.

As for Tan, is it meddling or just running the club how he sees fit? He's obviously going to make the decisions.