+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    That’s why I put possible racist gesture. So glad it wasn’t.
    I think everyone has learnt a lesson, including the guy himself.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I've learnt a lesson here, it looked so damning
    That's the problem, I assumed he wasn't racist because the goalscorer was white so it didn't make sense - but didn't feel comfortable speaking up incase I looked like I endorsed it.

No doubt 90% of all 'possible racism' is racism and we do need to stamp it out where we see it but we're breeding a culture where if you're not showing to be fully anti-racist at all times you may seem racist, as per this example.

Saying that, i've seen some of the facebook comments following that tragedy of the boat sinking and there really are some horrible racist ****s out there.

Tom Huddleston has put on a bit of bulk hasn’t he.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    That's the problem, I assumed he wasn't racist because the goalscorer was white so it didn't make sense - but didn't feel comfortable speaking up incase I looked like I endorsed it.

No doubt 90% of all 'possible racism' is racism and we do need to stamp it out where we see it but we're breeding a culture where if you're not showing to be fully anti-racist at all times you may seem racist, as per this example.

Saying that, i've seen some of the facebook comments following that tragedy of the boat sinking and there really are some horrible racist ****s out there.
    The guy in question is also undeniably tittist though

I agree with this. Although I think it is nothing like 90%. I'd say the vast majority of examples (especially on the utterly vile platform that is twitter) is nothing of the sort, just the most powerful way to smear someone at the moment. It makes spotting and addressing genuine racism so much more difficult and people become scared to talk about the topic

The dehumanising of these human beings has to stop.

You also wrote

"Find him, prosecute him and ban him for life."

You are as guilty as Sludge, TLG, and a few others here of jumping to conclusions.

Wow, yeah i'm happy to say lesson learnt jumping to conclusions and seems apparent it wasn't a racist gesture after all - that first video looked pretty conclusive though so he's lucky the 2nd one came out.
    Guilty by social media and innocent by social media in the space of an hour, what a world.

But you are glad that he was fat shaming? Is there a list somewhere where I can see which people it is ok to discriminate against, and which ones are not?

Gosh, good job we were not the judge and jury

Possibly find him, possibly prosecute him and possibly ban him for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    But you are glad that he was fat shaming? Is there a list somewhere where I can see which people it is ok to discriminate against, and which ones are not?
    What do you laugh at and what don't you laugh at?

Genuine question.

He might have been complimenting him to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What do you laugh at and what don't you laugh at?

Genuine question.
    I laugh at you a fair bit.

I laugh at you a fair bit.
    Thank you, no offence taken.

So you don't like fat jokes, what else do you laugh at that someone in some far corner of the world may be offended by? Or don't you laugh at anything offensive? Squeaky clean.

The purity of football and its fan is fascinating .

Tony Jefferies seeking legal advice as we speak!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I agree with this. Although I think it is nothing like 90%. I'd say the vast majority of examples (especially on the utterly vile platform that is twitter) is nothing of the sort, just the most powerful way to smear someone at the moment. It makes spotting and addressing genuine racism so much more difficult and people become scared to talk about the topic
    I think the vast majority of things on social media that appear to be racism are indeed racism.

Feedback

that's something that happens a lot on here.

Thank you, no offence taken.

So you don't like fat jokes, what else do you laugh at that someone in some far corner of the world may be offended by? Or don't you laugh at anything offensive? Squeaky clean.
    Tell me a joke, and I'll tell you if I think it is funny.

Tell me a joke, and I'll tell you if I think it is funny.
    Man offended at nothing in a football thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    that's something that happens a lot on here.
    surely not wanting to appear racist is a good thing? I'm glad these days most people are aware they need to choose their words carefully when talking about sensitive subjects.

Man offended at nothing in a football thread.
    Not funny.

Not funny.
    We weren't going for funny or no funny originally, we were looking for what other than fat jokes offend you. You don't seem capable of answering.