+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: if Kieffer moore leaves

Re: if Kieffer moore leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Very astute observation, there. The substitute appearances are worth a second glance, too.

West Brom (h) - 2-0 down when Moore came on. Lost 4-0.
    Middlesbrough (h) - 1-0 down when Moore came on. Lost 2-0.
    Sheff Utd (h) - 1-1 when Moore came on. Lost 3-2.

His other 3 substitute appearances were as follows:

Barnsley (h) - 1-1 when Moore came on. Finished 1-1
    Blackpool (a) - 1-0 up when Moore came on. Won 2-0, Moore scored.
    Peterborough (a) - 2-0 down when Moore came on. Drew 2-2.

It would suggest his substitute appearances have rarely amounted to much. The Peterborough recovery was as much down to their manager taking off their two most dangerous attackers and Flint being able to head in a couple of goals.

On the two occasions where Moore hasn't been a part of the squad, we've won (at Preston) and drawn (with West Brom).

Are we so much better when Moore plays, as Rjk claims? I don't see it. Statistically there's little to back it up, either.
    yeah it doesn't seem to stack up with the results, I'm just going on what I've seen this season.
    if I was an opposition manager I'd certainly prefer to see Collins or Harris lining up instead of Moore

City wins this season:
    Blackpool 0-2 Cardiff. Moore started on the bench, settled it with a header.
    Cardiff 3-1 Milwall. Moore started and played 90 minutes.
    Forest 1-2 Cardiff. Moore came on after 56 mins at 1-0 down. Colwill scores 2. Moore gets both assists and hits the post.
    Cardiff 2-1 Huddersfield. Moore scores both
    Preston 1-2 Cardiff. Moore didn't play.
    Luton 1-2 Cardiff. Moore played the full 90.

God, it's been a crap season. Moore at his best, is not only our best player but our most important one. Sadly, this season, that has been rare! I still think the above shows he's pretty important, we've won 1 game without him.

As someone pointed out were good when he is at his best ?? For me I think the best maybe a thing of the past due to not getting a transfer to Wolves and his alleged non vaccine approach which certainly curtailes his appearances ??
    🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    City wins this season:
    Blackpool 0-2 Cardiff. Moore started on the bench, settled it with a header.
    Cardiff 3-1 Milwall. Moore started and played 90 minutes.
    Forest 1-2 Cardiff. Moore came on after 56 mins at 1-0 down. Colwill scores 2. Moore gets both assists and hits the post.
    Cardiff 2-1 Huddersfield. Moore scores both
    Preston 1-2 Cardiff. Moore didn't play.
    Luton 1-2 Cardiff. Moore played the full 90.

God, it's been a crap season. Moore at his best, is not only our best player but our most important one. Sadly, this season, that has been rare! I still think the above shows he's pretty important, we've won 1 game without him.
    No way Pedro. He's played 15 times this season which means he's been on the losing side 10 times and not on the park for 1 of our 6 wins and no assists or a goal for 1 of them (the Millwall match where Flint scored 2).

Perhaps someone can help me out. Moore's xG and xA are both down but they were only 6.55 & 2.76 respectively. That seems low anyway. What am I missing? Rjk?

Source: infogol

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Perhaps someone can help me out. Moore's xG and xA are both down but they were only 6.55 & 2.76 respectively. That seems low anyway. What am I missing? Rjk?

Source: infogol
    To be fair we have no wingers and no pace so there is zero service for a 6 foot 5 inch centre forward

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    To be fair we have no wingers and no pace so there is zero service for a 6 foot 5 inch centre forward
    Yup, I'm not saying he's not been hard done with our squad this season. I feel we would have been better with a poacher this season as there have been a lot of chances for that kind of striker, even with our crap season. That's just an opinion as I don't have anything other than my memory of matches to back that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Moore at his best, is not only our best player but our most important one. Sadly, this season, that has been rare!
    At his best - that's the key issue. From what I've seen (which has been plenty), Moore's normally been some way short of his best in a City shirt this season. He's missed some sitters, he's looked well off the pace at times and he's also seemed to have become more fragile - not only being unfit, but going to ground more often and more easily. There could be any number of reasons for that, but he isn't looking the player he was last season, that's for sure.

Picking up on something Rjk said earlier, Moore has never struck me as the kind of player who creates goals out of nothing. Strikers like Earnshaw, Bothroyd and Chopra used to do that for City with reasonable frequency, but Moore seems to very much depend on decent service. He hasn't been getting too much of that this season, but as I said above he has missed a good number of straightforward chances. Five goals after 24 games is a poor return and it's not just down to a lack of service.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    At his best - that's the key issue. From what I've seen (which has been plenty), Moore's normally been some way short of his best in a City shirt this season. He's missed some sitters, he's looked well off the pace at times and he's also seemed to have become more fragile - not only being unfit, but going to ground more often and more easily. There could be any number of reasons for that, but he isn't looking the player he was last season, that's for sure.

Picking up on something Rjk said earlier, Moore has never struck me as the kind of player who creates goals out of nothing. Strikers like Earnshaw, Bothroyd and Chopra used to do that for City with reasonable frequency, but Moore seems to very much depend on decent service. He hasn't been getting too much of that this season, but as I said above he has missed a good number of straightforward chances. Five goals after 24 games is a poor return and it's not just down to a lack of service.
    Good summary.

No player in the squad has had more attempts on goal and had more attempts on target than Moore this season. He gets more attempts on goal and on target per 90 minutes than anyone else. He's the only player registering a shot on target on average in less than 90 minutes. Only Rubin Colwill has more a lower minutes per goal record than Moore.

However, it's interesting to note that it's taking Moore 9.6 attempts to score a goal and he scores with 25% of his attempts on target. It might not be too surprising to note that McGuinness, Flint and Morrison take less opportunities to score. Rubin Colwill and Mark Harris also need less attempts on goal to score than Moore.

The head to head of Moore of last season and this suggests the same. He's getting virtually the same number of attempts on goal and the same number on target as he did last season. However, last season he scored every 171 minutes; this season it is 300 minutes. He scored every 5.35 shots last season; this season it is 9.6. Just under 2.5 of his on target attempts hit the net last season; this term it is 4.

That would tie in with your observations that he has missed lots of chances, chances he was putting away last season. Statistically that's the only difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No player in the squad has had more attempts on goal and had more attempts on target than Moore this season. He gets more attempts on goal and on target per 90 minutes than anyone else. He's the only player registering a shot on target on average in less than 90 minutes. Only Rubin Colwill has more a lower minutes per goal record than Moore.

However, it's interesting to note that it's taking Moore 9.6 attempts to score a goal and he scores with 25% of his attempts on target. It might not be too surprising to note that McGuinness, Flint and Morrison take less opportunities to score. Rubin Colwill and Mark Harris also need less attempts on goal to score than Moore.

The head to head of Moore of last season and this suggests the same. He's getting virtually the same number of attempts on goal and the same number on target as he did last season. However, last season he scored every 171 minutes; this season it is 300 minutes. He scored every 5.35 shots last season; this season it is 9.6. Just under 2.5 of his on target attempts hit the net last season; this term it is 4.

That would tie in with your observations that he has missed lots of chances, chances he was putting away last season. Statistically that's the only difference.
    I know it's unusual to reply to my own reply, but given how many goals our centre backs have scored from corners, it's maybe a surprise that Moore doesn't bag much more from set piece situations.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I was about to say the same thing.

He is really important to us but if we did get a good chunk of money for him it could plug some much needed holes that we otherwise wouldn't be able to.

Let's not forget we've got: Morrison, Flint, Brown, Murphy, Ralls, Vaulks, Vassell, Pack and Smithies out of contract shortly, with at least half probably leaving, and currently looking like no cash to replace them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60073974

If Traore is valued at £15m by Spurs ,we would be lucky to get £2/3m for Moore

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

he isn't valued at that by wolves though

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Moore actually scores and assists regularly though, Traore does that about twice a season

He was pictured training today, so fingers crossed he's over his covid and we'll see him Saturday.

Moore scored twenty league goals last season and not too many of them were penalties. Losing Harry Wilson and, to a lesser extent, all of the club’s under performing wingers, has not helped him, but to score that many in a team which has created so little in open play in recent seasons was an outstanding achievement- it’s not so long ago that we were despairing of ever having a twenty goal a season striker again.

So, for me, the ability is still there, but there have to be questions about Moore’s attitude - like a few in this season’s team, I’m not sure that it is effort that is missing, more determination. We’ve fought back impressively from deficits in some away games this season, but heads seem to go down in home games when we fall behind and Moore appears to be as bad as anyone in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Moore scored twenty league goals last season and not too many of them were penalties. Losing Harry Wilson and, to a lesser extent, all of the club’s under performing wingers, has not helped him, but to score that many in a team which has created so little in open play in recent seasons was an outstanding achievement- it’s not so long ago that we were despairing of ever having a twenty goal a season striker again.

So, for me, the ability is still there, but there have to be questions about Moore’s attitude - like a few in this season’s team, I’m not sure that it is effort that is missing, more determination. We’ve fought back impressively from deficits in some away games this season, but heads seem to go down in home games when we fall behind and Moore appears to be as bad as anyone in that regard.
    He’s also been in and out with injury and Covid.

Not sure that he’s played many games at full fitness.

He also seems in his career to have scored goals in bursts, he’s had lots of fairly barren spells.

Maybe that has con in ideas with injury/ fitness issues as again he’s been focal for his last few clubs and I’d expect that he’s often played when ge shouldn’t have due to lack of similar cover, hence why with us Collins was brought in

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He’s also been in and out with injury and Covid.

Not sure that he’s played many games at full fitness.

He also seems in his career to have scored goals in bursts, he’s had lots of fairly barren spells.

Maybe that has con in ideas with injury/ fitness issues as again he’s been focal for his last few clubs and I’d expect that he’s often played when ge shouldn’t have due to lack of similar cover, hence why with us Collins was brought in

He's contributed very little this season, due to the issues you mentioned and our lack of width/crossing...

Interestingly, under Morison, Moore has played very little so we don't really know how he will adapt... saying that we still have set pieces to relay on and Doyle is an exceptional set piece taker who will challenge/share with Ralls for set piece duties. With the two new loan signings and perhaps Giles coming back, Moore needs to have a good second half of the season if we are to avoid relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    He's contributed very little this season, due to the issues you mentioned and our lack of width/crossing...

Interestingly, under Morison, Moore has played very little so we don't really know how he will adapt... saying that we still have set pieces to relay on and Doyle is an exceptional set piece taker who will challenge/share with Ralls for set piece duties. With the two new loan signings and perhaps Giles coming back, Moore needs to have a good second half of the season if we are to avoid relegation.
    How do you know Doyle is an "exceptional" set piece taker? Do you watch a lot of Man City under 23 games?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How do you know Doyle is an "exceptional" set piece taker? Do you watch a lot of Man City under 23 games?
    https://youtu.be/oRVnwYGn6aA

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Wow some beauties in there

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I seen African on twitter yesterday say he hasn’t seen the YouTube video so I’m just intrigued how he would know the player so well?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I seen African on twitter yesterday say he hasn’t seen the YouTube video so I’m just intrigued how he would know the player so well?
    Like I mentioned yesterday - his coaches at England and Man City have all said so. Also many Man City fans who watch the U23's have spoken about his ability to keep the ball, move forward and also take great set pieces.

Also like I said yesterday, let's see.