Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
Moore at his best, is not only our best player but our most important one. Sadly, this season, that has been rare!
At his best - that's the key issue. From what I've seen (which has been plenty), Moore's normally been some way short of his best in a City shirt this season. He's missed some sitters, he's looked well off the pace at times and he's also seemed to have become more fragile - not only being unfit, but going to ground more often and more easily. There could be any number of reasons for that, but he isn't looking the player he was last season, that's for sure.

Picking up on something Rjk said earlier, Moore has never struck me as the kind of player who creates goals out of nothing. Strikers like Earnshaw, Bothroyd and Chopra used to do that for City with reasonable frequency, but Moore seems to very much depend on decent service. He hasn't been getting too much of that this season, but as I said above he has missed a good number of straightforward chances. Five goals after 24 games is a poor return and it's not just down to a lack of service.