+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Morison.

Steve Morison.

Well, his media conferences are different! Just watched today’s on the club website and he was pretty abrupt with and critical of the media for a while, but then I thought he was interesting and informative about the processes involved in persuading Leeds to let Cody Drameh come here - I was left thinking that we’d have not been able to do that until recently. He was also very straight about what the future holds for Bacuna and Sang - he considers them both to be central midfielders.

I’ve said plenty of times on here that I wasn’t impressed by what he said about Isaak Davies, but although he was a strange mixture of non communicative on some matters and conversational on others, I thought he was good value today.

Re: Steve Morison.

I can't believe he thinks there's any future here for Bacuna and something tells me he has Sang below him in the pecking order. I despair; I'm starting to.lose faith in SM. I'm now expecting Pack and Vaulks to start Saturday, strewth!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I can't believe he thinks there's any future here for Bacuna and something tells me he has Sang below him in the pecking order. I despair; I'm starting to.lose faith in SM. I'm now expecting Pack and Vaulks to start Saturday, strewth!
    what's he supposed to say? bacuna is finished here?
    he's got another year on his contract and nobody is going to be in a hurry to match his wages.
    I'm all for bringing the youth through, but the senior players need to stand up and be counted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what's he supposed to say? bacuna is finished here?
    he's got another year on his contract and nobody is going to be in a hurry to match his wages.
    I'm all for bringing the youth through, but the senior players need to stand up and be counted as well.
    What if they aren't able to?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just watched today’s on the club website and he was pretty abrupt with and critical of the media for a while, but then I thought he was interesting and informative about the processes involved in persuading Leeds to let Cody Drameh come here.....
    I was amazed that the club apparently had to jump through such hoops to loan a 20 year-old who has made one league start for Leeds. Quite sobering, really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I was amazed that the club apparently had to jump through such hoops to loan a 20 year-old who has made one league start for Leeds. Quite sobering, really.
    more and more clubs have loan managers these days to try to maximize the benefit their players are getting by going out on loan

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    more and more clubs have loan managers these days to try to maximize the benefit their players are getting by going out on loan
    I know. But it's Leeds we're talking about.

I know. But it's Leeds we're talking about.
    I think it's an indication on of how disjointed and random our transfer and loan policy has been. Amazed we got Wilson.

The process around this loan signing is progress for me.... We don't have money, we are in a poor league position and have a recent history of playing shocking football...

However, we have excellent facilities, an excellent stadium and we have a young manager and ambitious coaching team... We have to convince teams, even Leeds who were our peers a few years back, that we are a good proposition for young players to come and develop here.

Yes, it was a surprise to me as well - maybe I'm wrong, but I struggle to see the likes of Warnock and McCarthy especially jumping through such hoops as you put it.

Watched the whole thing last night. I'd say he comes across as bored and irritable. I'm not out to character assassinate the guy but f*ck me he needs some coaching himself.

That said, the questions asked are so bland and boring that I'd be bored and irritated too.

All I would say is, don't p*ss off the press. Play the game. Stay cool.