Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Uche

Re: Uche

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Listen to the fan police here, first "did you go to the game" and now this
    Huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    ALL strikers spend most of the game wrestling with defenders. Trying audacious shots is part and parcel of being a striker.
    No they don't. No it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No they don't. No it isn't.
    Try Specsavers

Try Specsavers
    Hugill's the obvious comparison to Ikpeazu, he does his fair share of wrestling with defenders, but his main aim is to win the ball, control it and bring others into play. Ikpeazu when he came on was backing into defenders to the detriment of actually getting the ball, controlling it and bringing others into the game. His main aim was to win free kicks and the ref quickly saw what he was doing

Taking audacious shots from outside the box when there's far better options on is not part and parcel of a striker's game, it's part and parcel of a poor striker's game.

Hugill's the obvious comparison to Ikpeazu, he does his fair share of wrestling with defenders, but his main aim is to win the ball, control it and bring others into play. Ikpeazu when he came on was backing into defenders to the detriment of actually getting the ball, controlling it and bringing others into the game. His main aim was to win free kicks and the ref quickly saw what he was doing

Taking audacious shots from outside the box when there's far better options on is not part and parcel of a striker's game, it's part and parcel of a poor striker's game.

He was probably told to shoot on the back of his super strike in training this week

Strikers are meant to shoot and they do sometimes miss

Someone's got to say it, he's not very good
    Didn't see you slagging him off after the games he had scored in?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Some City fans are shit

Some City fans are shit
    Especially the keyboard warrior types …

Echo player rating :-

Uche Ikpeazu (on for Hugill 72) 7 - Made a big difference when he came on. Won so many fouls and duels, a positive cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Especially the keyboard warrior types …

Echo player rating :-

Uche Ikpeazu (on for Hugill 72) 7 - Made a big difference when he came on. Won so many fouls and duels, a positive cameo.
    What did you use to type that?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I don't put every thought I have on this messageboard stanley

To be fair to him he had a defender's arms wrapped around him most of the time he was on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    What did you use to type that?
    Exactly

Some City fans are shit
    Didn't realise there was an Alfresco approved rating system for City fans, give us a breakdown and I'll try and improve

Exactly
    Plenty on here that’s for sure ….

I don't put every thought I have on this messageboard stanley
    Are you sure about that

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    To be fair to him he had a defender's arms wrapped around him most of the time he was on the pitch.
    To be fair, he was trying to walk the ball into the net, backwards, with his arse, most of the time he was on the pitch. If that lifts the crowd, who am I to judge?

Plenty on here that’s for sure ….
    What makes me a keyboard warrior and you not one?

To be fair, he was trying to walk the ball into the net, backwards, with his arse, most of the time he was on the pitch. If that lifts the crowd, who am I to judge?
    Eddie Johnson was not brilliant but he lifted the crowd. Some players just have that effect and WOL ratings reflect what I saw.My friends in the pub with me after that game felt the same. He’s one of those players.

By the responses, it looks like the op is alone in his opinion.

By the responses, it looks like the op is alone in his opinion.

Try Specsavers

Eddie Johnson was not brilliant but he lifted the crowd. Some players just have that effect and WOL ratings reflect what I saw.My friends in the pub with me after that game felt the same. He’s one of those players.
    Don't worry what others, myself included, think of him. I'm genuinely glad you enjoy watching him and appreciate him. There was a striker a few seasons ago, in L2 and I can't remember the club or his name. He looked like a pitch invader in a club top, he was about 5 stone overweight, would build up a head of steam, and charge towards the goal. I swear, the only thing he wasn't doing was carrying the ball. Always got the biggest cheer whenever he came on. People loved him.

......he’s a great signing and has scored more goals than Gary Madine
    Not this season he hasn't. Or last season. Or the season before that.

Don't worry what others, myself included, think of him. I'm genuinely glad you enjoy watching him and appreciate him. There was a striker a few seasons ago, in L2 and I can't remember the club or his name. He looked like a pitch invader in a club top, he was about 5 stone overweight, would build up a head of steam, and charge towards the goal. I swear, the only thing he wasn't doing was carrying the ball. Always got the biggest cheer whenever he came on. People loved him.
    Adebayo Akinfenwa?
    Still playing for Wycombe

Did you? He spent the entire time wrestling the defenders trying to win free kicks, on the occasions he had the ball in a good position rather than giving it to the men in space he tried audacious shots that flew well wide, his teammates were clearly pissed off with his decisions
    I partly agree, he didn’t lay the ball off and his decisions in this area were poor. I disagree about the wrestling, they were pulling and grabbing him like WWF.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Adebayo Akinfenwa?
    Still playing for Wycombe
    Well done sir! That's him. I've just looked at some pictures and there's more muscle mass than I remember!