+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Rhodes bullied Flint when he come on
    Yes, very disappointed with Flint for the winner.

Re: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t think we did in the end, the better side won. Huddersfield wore us down in the end using an approach that you would have thought would have played into our hands.
    Yup, Huddersfield couldn't get behind us and resorted to deep crosses, the ball in front of us. Poor defending.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We also seem to have gone back to consistently having minimal ball after a very brief period of having a little bit more.

Tonight must be under 30% again. Some matches like Peterborough it doesn't matter but it can't be easy to defend for 90+ minutes.

Saturday will be another.
    We made less than 100 passes 2nd half. A lot has been made about our change of style and we can pass the ball better but I didn’t see that tonight. Especially when we went ahead we just couldn’t take the sting out of the game by keeping possession for a bit.

When Hugill went off and Rhodes come on it completely transformed the game.

Morison is quick to take credit but he and the players managed that game poorly tonight after we scored..

I wonder if Morison will describe Ikpeazu as hindrance rather than a help in his post-match interviews? I somehow doubt it.

Great effort from all the players, tried to defend a 1 goal advantage didn't pay off this time. Onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Totally agree. Unprofessionalism & poor management cost us that game. As soon as we started peeing around we lost focus, shape & rhythm. Why does he insist upon substituting Doyle & why did he not help Bagan who got ripped to shreds by Thomas.

If that was a job interview, it was a poor effort.
    I would have loved to have seen Ralls Wintle and Doyle tonight. Unless Doyle was injured there was no need to have replaced him.

In fairness to the defence our midfield allowed them too much of the ball and too much space.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I would have loved to have seen Ralls Wintle and Doyle tonight. Unless Doyle was injured there was no need to have replaced him. Generally, on fairness to the defence our midfield allowed them too much of the ball and too much space.
    I know Vaulks gave a few balls away but backs to the wall I thought he was ok and I can understand why they kept him on. When we went 1 up I think we should have sacrificed one of the front two instead of going like for like with the subs.

Easy in hindsight though

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Totally agree. Unprofessionalism & poor management cost us that game. As soon as we started peeing around we lost focus, shape & rhythm. Why does he insist upon substituting Doyle & why did he not help Bagan who got ripped to shreds by Thomas.

If that was a job interview, it was a poor effort.
    I think that’s a bit harsh on Bagan Des, as Tuerto says, Thomas hardly ever got down the outside of Bagan to the bye line and was reduced to knocking balls into the area from deep positions. Thomas has great quality when it comes to crossing, but our defending in central areas progressively got worse as the game went on - that’s as well as I’ve seen us defend this season for all but fifteen minutes, but it was back to normal in the closing stages I’m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I wonder if Morison will describe Ikpeazu as hindrance rather than a help in his post-match interviews? I somehow doubt it.
    He was only on for 17 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I know Vaulks gave a few balls away but backs to the wall I thought he was ok and I can understand why they kept him on. When we went 1 up I think we should have sacrificed one of the front two instead of going like for like with the subs.

Easy in hindsight though
    Vaulks was anonymous in the 2nd half. But the ball into Hughill will probably give him a pass.

Simply can't believe the ineptitude of Morrison's tactics by forcing a retreat of the team to their own half and parking the proverbial bus. This is not the hallmark of an experienced manager and there was certainly little need to do this.

Maybe he should be given a dressing down in public and a taste of the medicine he publicly likes to dish out to the poor youngsters week in week out..

So, does he deserve a contract? On this performance, in my opinion, I'm afraid not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, Huddersfield couldn't get behind us and resorted to deep crosses, the ball in front of us. Poor defending.
    But they did that most of the second half. They won a load of corners from it. I wonder if that's one of the problems in having 3 centre backs and little width?

I thought Thomas was motm by a mile. I’m with Des I think Bagan needed some help over there. He wa
    Coming inside all the time and getting crosses off under no pressure it was only a matter of time.

I think that’s a bit harsh on Bagan Des, as Tuerto says, Thomas hardly ever got down the outside of Bagan to the bye line and was reduced to knocking balls into the area from deep positions. Thomas has great quality when it comes to crossing, but our defending in central areas progressively got worse as the game went on - that’s as well as I’ve seen us defend this season for all but fifteen minutes, but it was back to normal in the closing stages I’m afraid.
    I thought that Bagan did well as well.

Zorba looks tricky but resorted to cutting inside and crossing into the box, which ironically proved to be a lot more dangerous than all their passing football 🤬🤬🤬

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Great effort from all the players, tried to defend a 1 goal advantage didn't pay off this time. Onwards and upwards
    They almost did defend a 1-0 advantage, and for most of it did a decent job. Huddesfields goals were basically 2 Hail Mary's from a deep position which we ****ed up.

And he was utterly abysmal for all of them.

And they scored twice. That’s not just down to him but he didn’t protect the ball like Hugill did and Harris was anonymous too. Tough night for the young lads, Isaak wasn’t as sharp with the ball as he usually is but still put a shift in. All part of the experience I suppose. Tough conditions, away to a big crowd.

20 percent of the game.

We can't keep using his minutes as an excuse for his bad decision making, ots nothing to do with fitness, which you can forgive as he's not olayed a lot so you can forgive him not being able to play longer at the moment, but he repeatedly makes dad decisions, brought the ball infield today and lost it with a bad pass, he had 2 options out wide.

I am not knocking the bloke, just pointing out what is obvious to anyone with 2 semi working eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But they did that most of the second half. They won a load of corners from it. I wonder if that's one of the problems in having 3 centre backs and little width?
    I can't recall Huddersfield turning us that much. It was obvious that Morison had decided to play the midfield a little deeper so he must've fancied his chances defensively. Huddersfield were the better side and deserved the win in my opinion, but we've got to be disappointed with the defending for the goals.

Not criticising Bagan Paul, he kept showing Thomas the inside but had no protection. There basically was no left side midfield and Morison didn’t do anything to close out that channel. Thomas wasn’t lobbing the ball in, every ball into the box caused panic. To attempt to stop that supply.

Oh well, onto Fulham. It didn’t get any tougher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdcelt View Post
    Simply can't believe the ineptitude of Morrison's tactics by forcing a retreat of the team to their own half and parking the proverbial bus. This is not the hallmark of an experienced manager and there was certainly little need to do this.

Maybe he should be given a dressing down in public and a taste of the medicine he publicly likes to dish out to the poor youngsters week in week out..

So, does he deserve a contract? On this performance, in my opinion, I'm afraid not.
    How much of it was the hugil for uche sub? Which was to protect hugill nit a tactical decision..

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdcelt View Post

Defeat nothing to do with the way the opposition played then. He took Hughill and Doyle off probably because they were booked and being targeted by the Huddersfield players to get them sent off. One of them would have gone if they had stayed on. We lost due to the pressure we were put under and tired legs after so many games.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How much of it was the hugil for uche sub? Which was to protect hugill nit a tactical decision..
    Might have been better to just have Hugill sent off for the remaining 15 minutes and played with 10.

Then again he’d be banned for 3 games.