+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Favourite Theatre Plays

Re: Your Favourite Theatre Plays

'Waiting For Godot' had more action and a bigger cast (but less suspense) than 'Waiting For The Retained List'.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Saw a great adaptation of 12 Angry men a few years ago. I've seen Death of a Salesman a couple of times with different casts and loved it. Most unique has to be Ghost Stories with Andy Nyman. It was later made into a film but the play was outstanding. The only time I can remember smell being used to terrify a theatre audience!
    Never seen 12 Angry Men in the theatre. Saw the film again a few weeks though.What a good film it was, with 12 excellent performances

Anything by Shakespeare.

If you can get a ticket go and see the brilliant Upstart Crow written by the equally Ben Elton.

Great TV as well..

Apart from a couple of brief mentions, this thread is mostly about musicals, not plays.

Les Mis is a very good show, contains it all, but the Passion always stands out, Ive seen it a few times in various places and by various groups

I have seen some great performances and some rubbish ones of the same play.

John Simm in Hamlet 12 years ago at The Crucible was fantastic. I have also seen some crap versions of the same play.

My first time at a proper theatre was Leaping Ginger (written and directed by Trevor Peacock) at the Royal Exchange in Manchester in 1976 - but I was only there to impress and get off with Karen Greenslade so I can't remember a single line. We split 6 months later!

I used to go to the theatre about once every 2-3 months, usually on a Friday after work when I was wrecked. Nearly always fell asleep no matter how good the performance was. For some reason that never happened at the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Apart from a couple of brief mentions, this thread is mostly about musicals, not plays.
    It could be adapted as The Thread That Goes Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Does that really matter? Many threads go far more off topic than that

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    True. Except that this thread went off topic so early.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Anything by Shakespeare.

If you can get a ticket go and see the brilliant Upstart Crow written by the equally Ben Elton.

Great TV as well..
    "Anything by Shakespeare " - are you kidding?
    Went to Stratford-Upon-Avon while in high school. We watched a performance of 'The Tempest'. None of us could get a grasp of what it was about
    Even to this day, I cannot work out many of Shakespeare's plays, in much the same way as whenever I look at Van Gogh's 'Mona Lisa' or 'Sunflowers' painting. I'm obviously missing something., right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    True. Except that this thread went off topic so early.
    I'm not I'd regard talking about Musicals and plays in the same thread is going far off topic.

And indeed Footloose which Sludge mentions in the first post is a musical so I would guess he doesn't object to musicals being included

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Threads evolve, but like someone else said this one went off early.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "Anything by Shakespeare " - are you kidding?
    Went to Stratford-Upon-Avon while in high school. We watched a performance of 'The Tempest'. None of us could get a grasp of what it was about
    Even to this day, I cannot work out many of Shakespeare's plays, in much the same way as whenever I look at Van Gogh's 'Mona Lisa' or 'Sunflowers' painting. I'm obviously missing something., right?
    If you could find Van Gogh's Mona Lisa it would be a miracle.

Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa on the other hand.........