Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
Nice try at deflection there Mr J. There's no tub-thumping going on. I know you like your links so here's another one for you https://nation.cymru/news/not-right-...-military-aid/

The BTL comments are very revealing too. Yma o Hyd.
1/ It's not deflection. Someone who holds someone else in contempt doesn't give them significantly more funding than the person they supposedly represent.

2 / I think someone saying that Westminster holds Wales in contempt is tubthumping. There's no real justification for that strong word. It's wholly designed to be divisive.

3 / I think my statistics trump your article, given that they refer to all public spending. Your's refers to a specific payment to the Ukraine. When the UK govt announce extra spending on English hospitals, then Wales' gets the corresponding amount, to spend as it wishes. I see no issue here really, although it should all be done in agreement, but I doubt Wales or Scotland would agree.

4 / I'm proud that Wales is militarily supporting Ukraine. Our share of £1bn towards weapons against Putin will go further than a Ukraine flag on a facebook profile. It also probably makes economic sense, as the Ukraine-Russia war is severely damaging all western economies, including ours in Wales.