+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Re: Bluebirds transfer rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there can't be too many who have played for us previously and are still operating at *roughly* this level, and are in positions we need.

top of my head...

Aaron Ramsey
    Ken Zohore
    Stephen Caulker
    Semi Ajayi
    Rhys Healey?
    Mats Moller Daehli?

getting increasingly unlikely here, I'm sure there are other obvious ones I'm missing but then it is Monday morning
    Id have Semi back - a realistic target and a player who seemed to improve after leaving us originally.

there can't be too many who have played for us previously and are still operating at *roughly* this level, and are in positions we need.

top of my head...

Aaron Ramsey
    Ken Zohore
    Stephen Caulker
    Semi Ajayi
    Rhys Healey?
    Mats Moller Daehli?

getting increasingly unlikely here, I'm sure there are other obvious ones I'm missing but then it is Monday morning
    Ajayi on loan might be a possibility. Zohore ticks so many boxes as the type of player we’re looking for, but there is the problem that it’s coming up to five years since he did anything worthwhile in his career. If Ramsey was able to negotiate a release from his contract, I’d say we’d have as good a chance as any when it came to realistic candidates to sign him.

Toulouse have just signed a new striker and there seems to be noise about Rhys Healey moving to the Championship. Would we have the funds as they would surely want a fair bit of cash for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Toulouse have just signed a new striker and there seems to be noise about Rhys Healey moving to the Championship. Would we have the funds as they would surely want a fair bit of cash for him.
    It's an interesting thought. Kind of hilarious that we'd be struggling with cash to get him back after all this time. I think he'd do well in a Morison side (waste of time with Warnock). I admire the fact he's gone on and improved.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ajayi on loan might be a possibility. Zohore ticks so many boxes as the type of player we’re looking for, but there is the problem that it’s coming up to five years since he did anything worthwhile in his career. If Ramsey was able to negotiate a release from his contract, I’d say we’d have as good a chance as any when it came to realistic candidates to sign him.
    I think Zohore was finished when we sold him. Good bit of (rare) business for us. I like Ajayi though.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Short answer to that would be no I’d guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Reported: Passive smoking.

a few we'd struggle to afford -
    Glatzel, Burgstaller, Cornelius

a few we'd struggle to afford -
    Glatzel, Burgstaller, Cornelius
    We can't even afford Gary Madine!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Couple of ex-Bluebirds mentioned in last few posts. Wonder if we'll pick ourselves one up soon..
    Sheyi Ojo?!?!

Mixed feelings if it is. Not sure he adds to the “athleticism” we’re going for. But then it’s not like we’re rich with options.

Sheyi Ojo?!?!

Mixed feelings if it is. Not sure he adds to the “athleticism” we’re going for. But then it’s not like we’re rich with options.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Liverpool.html

Poor BLUETIT

I might be in the minority but I liked Ojo.

Bluetit slagged him off before he signed and is too stubborn to ever change his opinion.

Good signing on a free imo.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I might be in the minority but I liked Ojo.

Bluetit slagged him off before he signed and is too stubborn to ever change his opinion.

Good signing on a free imo.
    I agree. I liked him and his goal assist ratio was probably better than anyone aside from Moore and Wilson over recent years. I think he was playing off the striker for Millwall too, so another option.

Sounds like Collins to Derby is done also.

Just saw that he had the highest passing percentage on our team that year. And just like that, I’m back on the hype train

This has made my day

Just saw that he had the highest passing percentage on our team that year. And just like that, I’m back on the hype train
    Score or assists 1 in 4 games at this level.

Fifteen games, no goals for Millwall last season, but he was injured for a spell - as things stand, I can see him playing more through the middle.

He gives us options, for me Sawyers and Colwill are competing for the number 10 slot, we just need two strikers now and an experienced centre half.

Also need to move out Collins , Harris and Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fifteen games, no goals for Millwall last season, but he was injured for a spell - as things stand, I can see him playing more through the middle.
    I was in London working last week for a few days and was out to lunch with a Millwall fan. He mentioned Ojo; and was hoping to bring him back. Said he was a real bright spark before his injury and was playing more as #10 than a winger.

3 years seems a long contract but it mightve been what convinced him as apparently considerable other interest. If he gets his head down and works hard could be a real good signing.

It feels like we have plenty of midfield and attacking options - too many, if anything - just not centre forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    He gives us options, for me Sawyers and Colwill are competing for the number 10 slot, we just need two strikers now and an experienced centre half.

Also need to move out Collins , Harris and Phillips
    Be shocked if Harris goes but Collins and Phillips will be inevitable I'd presume.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    It feels like we have plenty of midfield and attacking options - too many, if anything - just not centre forwards.
    We have to bring a couple of strikers in surely and hopefully a centre half too

I was in London working last week for a few days and was out to lunch with a Millwall fan. He mentioned Ojo; and was hoping to bring him back. Said he was a real bright spark before his injury and was playing more as #10 than a winger.

3 years seems a long contract but it mightve been what convinced him as apparently considerable other interest. If he gets his head down and works hard could be a real good signing.
    Think O'Dowda, Tanner and now Ojo suggests that Steve Morison wants a combination of pace and power from any winger types he uses - Ojo was a frustrating mix for us in 20/21, but the same could be said of Wilson to a degree and I think you have to concede that we've been a tough team for players like them to prosper in during the last few seasons.

Be shocked if Harris goes but Collins and Phillips will be inevitable I'd presume.
    Harris will be quite a way down the pecking order if Ojo plays as a number 10 or second striker (unless Isaak Davies has a long-term injury).