Thread: Sunak

Sunak

Would you vote for this scumbag?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62436193

Re: Sunak

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

I would have to be a card-carrying Tory - so no. Is the other scumbag any better?

Scumbag imagine a Tory voter describing someone in that term.

Isn't life about respecting differences , Isn't that the Labour Party inclusiveness mantra..

Problem is he’s pandering to the staunch Tories.

What will win the election, what will win the Tory selection and what he actually thinks are 3 totally separate things. It’s the reason the left leaning tories will never get anywhere near party leader.

Look at this on Truss. https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1...iA1y2IdVliUWFg

God knows what she actually sides with

He's a snake oil salesman

She's completely mad and is just looking for votes .

They are both clowns .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Isn't life about respecting differences , Isn't that the Labour Party inclusiveness mantra..
    Why do you mention the Labour Party? Supporters, backers, voters etc of various other parties are likely to have the opinion that the Tories are lower than vermin. You can rest assured it’s not something exclusive to Labour Party sympathisers. The ‘F*ck The Tories’ chant seems to be getting a grip at football matches and gigs, doubt the chanters are all Labour voters.

ALL TOWNS MATTER !

I’m not going to call Sunak ascumbag, vermin etc - I look at that and think he’s bonkers and has no clue how to relate to ordinary people - surely it’s just basic politics not to be caught saying things like that?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's a snake oil salesman

She's completely mad and is just looking for votes .

They are both clowns .
    Show me ANY election anywhere EVER. And i'll show you someone "looking for votes" lol

Truss genuinely believes in low tax and small state. Haven't you been following this at all?

They are both horrible horrible choices.
    Now is the time for a Mick Lynch to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What do you think would happen if a Tory voter described someone in that term?

Would people complain about it on the internet?

Just.......like you're doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Mick Lynch & Eddie Dempsey should be invited to every appearance on this road show. Can you imagine it? They’d absolutely wipe the floor with the pair of them.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Mick Lynch & Eddie Dempsey should be invited to every appearance on this road show. Can you imagine it? They’d absolutely wipe the floor with the pair of them.
    Lynch and Dempsey have been making idiots of self obsessed politicians and pundits like Piers Morgan over the past month or so by speaking plain common sense and drawing on their experiences of a working life that the career politicians and professional media men and women cannot begin to comprehend.

I wonder what the fuss is all about. Surely these are core Tory values and the raison d'etre for these people's entry into politics.

True levelling up requires wholesale redistribution of assets and more. The object of Tory politicians is to prevent it happening so as to protect their type of people from it affecting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Show me ANY election anywhere EVER. And i'll show you someone "looking for votes" lol

Truss genuinely believes in low tax and small state. Haven't you been following this at all?
    ha ha ha ha,,tell me when i can stop laughing

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    If only

ALL TOWNS MATTER !
    Indeed so why would Labour then feel the need to focus more funding and energy on urban cities rather than other cities or areas not so urban , as it seems they had a funding formulas that did just that ?? Unless there is evidence to contradict this ?? ..

It seems to me both parties know where their guaranteed vote base is and divide it on those lines .

Labour know they have a secure base in the urban ethnic metropolitan areas , so apease that base..

Tories view the neglected underfunded smaller Cities/ Areas of the North East , Midlands that Labour lost interest in somehow and those middle English suburbs.

As I see it they are as selective as each other ...

This is where the success of Blairism kicked in , it cleverly joined those areas together , then Labour decided not to build or better Blair , it just decided to implode on itself... and here we are today 2022 still single digits between the parties , an incredible sad state of affairs really as they should be making huge gains ??

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    ha ha ha ha,,tell me when i can stop laughing
    You don't know anything about the Conservative party or Thatcher rite free market economics if you think her low tax pitch is just a ruse. I'm not saying she's definitely right to cut taxes at this time as it's a complicated topic, but she genuinely believes it is the right thing to do. That's what fiscal Conservatives do...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I wonder what the fuss is all about. Surely these are core Tory values and the raison d'etre for these people's entry into politics.

True levelling up requires wholesale redistribution of assets and more. The object of Tory politicians is to prevent it happening so as to protect their type of people from it affecting them.
    This is why the politics of Boris Johnson were never going to work - he was appealing to two very different electorates.

To one group he promised billions in "levelling up" and the other he assured them he'd deliver tax cuts and a small state. It still amazes me how so many fell for this con trick. He was always going to let down one group and it's hardly a surprise that his premiership was a disaster.

It looks like Truss is trying to sell the same nonsense and is clearly as unprincipled as Johnson.

Sunak is slightly more realistic but showed his true colours earlier, a sort of reverse Robin Hood.

What a time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’m not going to call Sunak ascumbag, vermin etc - I look at that and think he’s bonkers and has no clue how to relate to ordinary people - surely it’s just basic politics not to be caught saying things like that?
    Exactly. People film and record everything these days, even if speakers aren't aware. If they say anything slightly off its out in the open.

They'll cross out Sunak and Truss on their ballot papers and vote Boris back in.

What’s the alternative??

Quote Originally Posted by ABLUEBIRD View Post
    What’s the alternative??
    Liz Truss

But I can't stand the Tories and would rather be shot than vote for them

Liz Truss

But I can't stand the Tories and would rather be shot than vote for them
    I suppose one benefit of the Tories veering further to the right is that there's more middle ground for Labour to mop up, even with the inept Starmer. I genuinely feel that there are some who feel that Britain is now a right wing country, particularly after Brexit, but it's not true at all. Theresa May couldn't get an overall majority against Corbyn. Johnson, the class clown, appealed to lots of people, not because he was a Tory, but because he'd spent years creating his image on TV. There's nobody in the Conservative Party capable of wooing the electorate like Johnson. Sadly, there are few elsewhere in any party capable of it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I suppose one benefit of the Tories veering further to the right is that there's more middle ground for Labour to mop up, even with the inept Starmer. I genuinely feel that there are some who feel that Britain is now a right wing country, particularly after Brexit, but it's not true at all. Theresa May couldn't get an overall majority against Corbyn. Johnson, the class clown, appealed to lots of people, not because he was a Tory, but because he'd spent years creating his image on TV. There's nobody in the Conservative Party capable of wooing the electorate like Johnson. Sadly, there are few elsewhere in any party capable of it, either.
    The Tories sometimes manage to pull 4 out of 10 voters and that's enough as the opposition is divided .

That still means that 6 out of 10 people who vote don't vote Tory

So if the tory stranglehold on power is to be loosened we need a decent labour party, a decent liberal party or a united opposition .