It’ll be around for a while I’m sure, the ECB can’t afford for it to fail so even if there are signs of it faltering I’m sure more money will be found to pump into it.

If the marketing and budget for all the “extracurricular” razzmatazz set aside for this, along with peak calendar slots, terrestrial telly exposure and the way the beeb have been pushing this, was given to the blast (perhaps with a refreshed name and image) I think you would have seen fairly similar results. The cricket and the standard clearly isn’t the whole draw to be fair, as the coverage I’ve seen likes to point out along with the games I’ve been able to watch and follow (primarily WF games, who to be fair have been pretty crap). Having the money to push all that “extra” stuff really helps.

I’m not a massive watcher of the short (and shorter) stuff outside of Glammy games, world cups (seldom bother with international series now) and some Big Bash in the winter when it feels a bit of a novelty after our summer. So the competition isn’t aimed at me, which is fine. Be nice to have a half decent side representing Wales in some way though!