+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: STEVE MORISON SACKED

Re: STEVE MORISON SACKED

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    The same Jody Morris who allegedly stood us up when a player (not that I'm bitter or anything )
    turned us down while having a medical was my memory

and this says my memory might be right
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ets-for-morris

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I made a similar point recently and didn’t we conclude that the last Cardiff City manager to be poached by another club was Len Ashurst by Sunderland back in……1984? :-o

Yes, a very good article.

In all my time supporting the club from Jimmy Scoular onwards, has a manager ever been poached and left us for bigger and better things?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Yes, a very good article.

In all my time supporting the club from Jimmy Scoular onwards, has a manager ever been poached and left us for bigger and better things?
    See my post above.

(Not including Frank O’Farrell leaving for Iran obviously….. )

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I made a similar point recently and didn’t we conclude that the last Cardiff City manager to be poached by another club was Len Ashurst by Sunderland back in……1984? :-o
    I talked about it in my blog piece on the sacking and mentioned Frank Burrows leaving to become Portsmouth’s Assistant manager in 1989 and I also included Phil Neal leaving to work with Steve Coppell at Man City, but do they count really? Same with Frank O’Farrell. Ashurst is the only example of someone whose work at Cardiff has got him a managerial job at a higher ranked club in all my time following City.

Why is this Morris always dragged up when we have a vacancy? What has he achieved apart from riling us up when he went elsewhere as a player.

I talked about it in my blog piece on the sacking and mentioned Frank Burrows leaving to become Portsmouth’s Assistant manager in 1989 and I also included Phil Neal leaving to work with Steve Coppell at Man City, but do they count really? Same with Frank O’Farrell. Ashurst is the only example of someone whose work at Cardiff has got him a managerial job at a higher ranked club in all my time following City.
    This brings me to something I was considering earlier.
    I think we've developed a habit of giving managers longer term contracts than they've actually earned. I suspect, at this point, we are probably still paying Mick McCarthy, and now Steve Morison, before we even appoint a new manager.

There is no doubt that in some cases, agents will set to work in order to achieve such things. Linking their clients with clubs in the press etc.

My feeling at this point is that we simply shouldn't be worrying about stuff like this, regardless of who is managing us, or how well they're doing. Surely it would be more beneficial to us to ALWAYS be considering the next manager, or even the next 3 or 4 potential managers, should things go wrong.

I think our approach in recent years has undoubtedly been incredibly costly in the longer term.
    It's one thing if you have a proven stalwart such as Warnock, but another to be chucking around 2 or 3 year deals to lesser proven "gaffers".

Maybe we need to rethink how we're doing things on that front. Care less about a loss, and focus on future-proofing ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozza64 View Post
    Sol Bamba should be brought in, whatever role it may be we need somebody to get the players back on side
    The players will be just fine, they only knew him for a few months, it’s hardly the red wedding

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The players will be just fine, they only knew him for a few months, it’s hardly the red wedding
    Exactly, its hardly likely to affect to many of them, apart from the initial news and maybe the odd texts to say sorry to see you go gaffer and good luck for the future (code for if you get another gig, remember me) that will be it
    Footballers will just get on knowing that they have to perform to keep their position under the next boss.

Slightly different in this case that there will be two now missing, Morison and his over inflated ego

Completely speculation but I did wonder this morning if it had anything to do with the further Sala news that's just come out.

Morison wasn't involved with the flight, but I wonder he's said anything that the powers that be didn't like...

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Completely speculation but I did wonder this morning if it had anything to do with the further Sala news that's just come out.

Morison wasn't involved with the flight, but I wonder he's said anything that the powers that be didn't like...
    Chances of Morison saying something that somebody doesn’t like….99% ✔️ Tactless, talentless, overthinking, overachiever. The players will be fine, all will be fine, unless we rinse and repeat with Hudson or employ Bamba because he’s a legend and really, really likes Cardiff City. It’s not news how rubbish the Board are. Nothing should come as a shock after they put him in charge in the first place. He had a chance any of us and better managers would dream of. He blew it. It happens. F*ck him!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Chances of Morison saying something that somebody doesn’t like….99% ✔️ Tactless, talentless, overthinking, overachiever. The players will be fine, all will be fine, unless we rinse and repeat with Hudson or employ Bamba because he’s a legend and really, really likes Cardiff City. It’s not news how rubbish the Board are. Nothing should come as a shock after they put him in charge in the first place. He had a chance any of us and better managers would dream of. He blew it. It happens. F*ck him!
    Don't sit on the fence you might get splinters 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Don't sit on the fence you might get splinters 😂😂
    🤣🤙

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    This brings me to something I was considering earlier.
    I think we've developed a habit of giving managers longer term contracts than they've actually earned. I suspect, at this point, we are probably still paying Mick McCarthy...
    But we had to with MM as Celtic wanted him. Q. Who makes these things up? A. his agent.