Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
What do you think caused the spike?
I dunno, I’ve not looked into it at all. You seem to think you know what it is but won’t say for whatever reason.

I’ve explained why I don’t think it can be attributed to vaccinations though because logically it doesn’t make sense. If there’s a single month spike of deaths, you’d expect a similar spike in something earlier. The vaccine rollout has been continuous for 18+ months and grew at an increasing rate initially.

As has been suggested, the summer heatwave that saw record temperatures across Europe certainly is more plausible. I’m a young, healthy bloke and I found the near 40 degree heat hard to deal with. I can imagine it was much harder to the point of being lethal for someone 60+ and in poorer health.

If you want to blame it on the Covid response, the initial lockdown is also more plausible than the vaccination rollout. Pretty much the entirety of Europe went into lockdown at the same time for a similar period of time. How many of the 53,000 excess deaths were cancer related? It’s no secret many people missed out on checkups and treatment sessions. How many mild, early stage cancer patients weren’t diagnosed and later died because they missed their March/April/May appointments?
I don’t know what the average life expectancy is for early stage cancer patients if it’s left untreated. ~2 years would seem a reasonable estimate to me based on people I know who have recovered or passed from cancer.