+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: FT: BLACKBURN ROVERS 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: BLACKBURN ROVERS v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

It was like watching a Sunday League team. We'd turn Messi into a 3rd Div player in 6 months.

StT.
    <><

Well, hasn't everyone seen enough?

They might score more goals if they attempted to score. Playing at walking pace around halfway isn’t going to be too successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    P!ss poor from Rino.
    Crap footballer

Re: FT: BLACKBURN ROVERS 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    by who?...seems like we've had every shite manager there is
    We could save 500k a year and get rid of Dalman… or we could go and get someone half decent. Wilder for example. He’s still stuck with a shit squad but his rep has taken a dent from his time at Boro

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    by who?...seems like we've had every shite manager there is
    We need warnock but 15 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    tbh it should be one of the worst over most of that time period, we would have been relatively big spenders in this division from about what 2006 until 2021, now we are in the bottom third of playing budgets.
    yes we are crap right now but I think a better manager could get more out of these players.
    Which players are good enough for a midtable Champ side? I think the 11 that started Vs QPR, plus Davies is about it… and I could easily be persuaded on some of them that they aren’t up to it

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I don’t disagree but can’t change the owner, board or the players. The manager is the only thing we can change and he’s clearly not part of the solution.
    Why can't you change the board? The owner can do what he likes. He's done it enough.

We could do something player wise if the board hadn't fought the Sala case and thought that an embargo was the preferred option.

If they change the manager again it will be somebody cheap, not at a club currently or not in demand because let's be honest who would work under this board and owner.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I don’t disagree but can’t change the owner, board or the players. The manager is the only thing we can change and he’s clearly not part of the solution.
    It’s a shame as Hudson seems like a nice likeable guy, was very good as a player for us and inherited these players, it would be great if he could succeed with us but you’re right , we have to change something and he is the only thing we can change right now

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We could save 500k a year and get rid of Dalman… or we could go and get someone half decent. Wilder for example. He’s still stuck with a shit squad but his rep has taken a dent from his time at Boro
    Wilder

Our board probably don't know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We need warnock but 15 years ago
    Warnock is a big part of the reason we are in this mess

Etete would have been a far better option today shame he didn’t play

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Why can't you change the board? The owner can do what he likes. He's done it enough.

We could do something player wise if the board hadn't fought the Sala case and thought that an embargo was the preferred option.

If they change the manager again it will be somebody cheap, not at a club currently or not in demand because let's be honest who would work under this board and owner.
    Board, back room staff, coaches and managers all have to go. For a start, they’ve pissed Tan’s money up the wall. I don’t like Tan but at least he’s stumped up the cash while his cronies have wasted it

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    It’s a shame as Hudson seems like a nice likeable guy, was very good as a player for us and inherited these players, it would be great if he could succeed with us but you’re right , we have to change something and he is the only thing we can change right now
    He's a good guy and he's doing his best but this is high pressure and he doesn't have the experience

Warnock is a big part of the reason we are in this mess
    Well when he left were we tumbling towards relegation ?

tbh it should be one of the worst over most of that time period, we would have been relatively big spenders in this division from about what 2006 until 2021, now we are in the bottom third of playing budgets.
    yes we are crap right now but I think a better manager could get more out of these players.
    And I do.

Very unfortunate with the goal, 0-0 would have been about correct. Blackburn were certainly no better than us and were beatable. Frustrating that we did have a few decent chances, Rinomhota shitting out of that header was a case in point. Blackburn 3rd! A stark indication of this division’s quality. Oh for someone to put the ball in the net.

Board, back room staff, coaches and managers all have to go. For a start, they’ve pissed Tan’s money up the wall. I don’t like Tan but at least he’s stumped up the cash while his cronies have wasted it
    He put them there though.

If they have and continue to do so and he doesn't act then whose fault is that?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Red Revenge!!
    Yes I think so: and I'm blue with anger.

If we had Flint and Morrison wed have probably won today. Thats how bad Blackburn were.

Not only do we play crap ineffective football we are also a soft touch.

Which players are good enough for a midtable Champ side? I think the 11 that started Vs QPR, plus Davies is about it… and I could easily be persuaded on some of them that they aren’t up to it
    None of them. We've seen enough of this crowd and they don't have the ability or desire to pull us out of this mess. Something isn't just going to 'Click' these players are beaten in every sense. We create nothing, we can't control midfield, not even for a minute, we don't play runners, we don't play through the middle, Wintle and Ralls aren't mobile enough or good enough. We have brought in players who lack character, apart from Robinson, o'Dowda and maybe the goalkeeper. Hudson is at a loss, The owner isn't interested and we have had a succession of cheap useless managers. What's the plan out there-what are we doing that offers some hope? We are so desperate that we pin our hopes on Colwill and Davies, that's how screwed we are and that's how far we have dropped off.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And I do.
    Only enough to save us from promotion though. To achieve anything decent the squad would have to be overhauled almost completely.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Wilder

Our board probably don't know who he is.
    Of course they do, See no Evil, Hear no Evil is one of Tan's favourite fims.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    None of them. We've seen enough of this crowd and they don't have the ability or desire to pull us out of this mess. Something isn't just going to 'Click' these players are beaten in every sense. We create nothing, we can't control midfield, not even for a minute, we don't play runners, we don't play through the middle, Wintle and Ralls aren't mobile enough or good enough. We have brought in players who lack character, apart from Robinson, o'Dowda and maybe the goalkeeper. Hudson is at a loss, The owner isn't interested and we have had a succession of cheap useless managers. What's the plan out there-what are we doing that offers some hope? We are so desperate that we pin our hopes on Colwill and Davies, that's how screwed we are and that's how far we have dropped off.
    Available for after dinner speeches and motivational talks 😂

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well when he left were we tumbling towards relegation ?
    in his entire time with us we had parachute payments or premier League TV money, and we wasted it all on players who were too old, or not good enough or both and gave them long expensive contracts that we couldn't get out of.
    we had a period there of several years where we literally had 3 times the operating budget than the clubs we were competing with and we were left with nothing to show for it