Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
From the original article when the court action was announced:

"The football club said the insurance broker failed to communicate that not timely informing it of new players to be added to the club's policy would risk it not having coverage for those players, according to a High Court claim filed Nov. 21, which has now been made public.

Cardiff City... noted there was a "material delay" between acquiring an "insurable interest" in players and notifying the broker on "numerous occasions," according to the claim.

It was the broker's responsibility to communicate that this would mean the club would not be insured for a player's death until its policy was amended, the soccer club said. If it had known this, Cardiff City would have requested £20 million coverage for Sala on Jan. 19, 2019, two days before the fatal plane crash.

As such, the insurance broker failed to act with reasonable skill and care and breached its obligations as a broker, according to the claim.

Miller Insurance failed to properly explain the concept of an "insurable interest" for football player transfers and the requirement of a "prompt" notification of the transfer in order to secure coverage, the football club said.

The broker also did not let the Bluebirds know about the risks of delaying this notification of an interest, or the steps that might be taken to reduce or eliminate the risks, according to the Welsh club."
This is what I thought was the case. City were poor with getting paperwork done for new signings and they think the insurance company should've told them.

I don't know about anyone else, but bringing this down to a basic level, if I bought a new car and smashed it up on the way home, I'd know that I wasn't insured. I wouldn't bring a claim against the insurance company for not telling me that I should have insured previous cars more promptly.

Even he had been insured I suspect there are too many areas of gross negligence that led to Sala's death would have voided the insurance. I believe you pay a premium to add skiing to a travel policy. European cover is more on a car policy. I'd imagine getting in a death-trap plane with an unqualified pilot wouldn't be covered as standard