+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Effective Covid Measures Implemented

Effective Covid Measures Implemented

We really should be grateful for the measures implemented during the Pandemic.

I don’t think there is one measure that I don’t support. Threads like this which appear to mock are tasteless

https://twitter.com/prof_freedom/sta...MiMvMVeTzkYL-g

Re: Effective Covid Measures Implemented

My fave is the three Teletubbies in the lift.

There is no need to mock the people who believed all this stuff, and there are some who post on here, so please show some compassion.

Bless all of your cotton socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Bless all of your cotton socks.
    It's ok for you to say that, but not everybody has a GCSE in biology.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's ok for you to say that, but not everybody has a GCSE in biology.
    Not everybody has a GCSE in understanding what you're trying to say either. Please elaborate.

No doubting for me certain restrictions were needed, especially early on when little was known. But when you think back so many were insane and lacking in any common sense. What happens when people get a taste of power.

Security guard chasing the lone runner on an empty beach ffs.

I remember one police force here recording people walking in the middle of nowhere via drone and posting it to twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No doubting for me certain restrictions were needed, especially early on when little was known. But when you think back so many were insane and lacking in any common sense. What happens when people get a taste of power.

I remember one police force here recording people walking in the middle of nowhere via drone and posting it to twitter.
    I think that every single person in the UK will agree that there were certain restrictions/safety measures that appeared to lack forethought and logic. I can think of a few myself.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who also feel that their "personal freedoms" were more important than any precautions to reduce the risk of Covid.

To be fair though, these people also believe that Covid was a hoax and vaccines cause, well, pretty much everything negative.

More faves. The first with the two Amish old boys is a hole in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

pic.twitter.com/z9eVZGjuDY
    — TSLATALK (@tslatalk) February 25, 2023
    You forgot the bit where they took off their masks to eat on the plane!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Incredible how some can forget how scared people were three years ago, when the death toll in the UK reached four figures every day and there weren't any vaccines or treatments for COVID - people on here who made fools of themselves at the time with their Covid denial stories are now taking the piss as if they were right all along. They weren't and no matter how much they try to rewrite history, they'll never be.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Incredible how some can forget how scared people were three years ago, when the death toll in the UK reached four figures every day and there weren't any vaccines or treatments for COVID - people on here who made fools of themselves at the time with their Covid denial stories are now taking the piss as if they were right all along. They weren't and no matter how much they try to rewrite history, they'll never be.
    There's plenty of info out there detailing how and why it was done. What it revealed was behind the scenes every government of importance were guided by the same hidden hand.

You forgot the bit where they took off their masks to eat on the plane!
    I didn't care to as I don't want to be accused of taking the you know what out of our doorstep clapping members.

Speaking of which, I wonder how many of them would have obeyed their tellies had they been told to give five minutes of applause at a specific time on different days of the week for heroic binmen, shop workers, postmen, ice cream van drivers and road sweepers.

Taunton Blue Meanie and Jon definitely would have. I'm sure those two would have juggled oranges while wearing hula skirts had they been instructed to.

I didn't care to as I don't want to be accused of taking the you know what out of our doorstep clapping members.

Speaking of which, I wonder how many of them would have obeyed their tellies had they been told to give five minutes of applause at a specific time on different days of the week for heroic binmen, shop workers, postmen, ice cream van drivers and road sweepers.

Taunton Blue Meanie and Jon definitely would have. I'm sure those two would have juggled oranges while wearing hula skirts had they been instructed to.
    I didn't clap on the doorstep, old fruit. Unlike your good self, I don't get dragged along with various herds.

Why has applauding NHS workers for five minutes for a few weeks when people were losing relatives and friends to a Pandemic the like of which they’d not seen before in their lifetime become something to be sneered at?

Why has applauding NHS workers for five minutes for a few weeks when people were losing relatives and friends to a Pandemic the like of which they’d not seen before in their lifetime become something to be sneered at?
    Exactly. It was the early days of it all but it was one of the more heartwarming things that we did, when people were genuinely coming together instead of pulling apart

I remember finding it quite emotional at the time

I wonder how many of them would have obeyed their tellies had they been told to give five minutes of applause at a specific time on different days of the week for heroic binmen, shop workers, postmen, ice cream van drivers and road sweepers.

Definitely did - as I have described in several other threads. It was a way of showing appreciation and concern for NHS and other front line workers, and to bring communities together at the height of the Covid restrictions. The new friendships and community organisations we formed at that time are still going on today - checks on elderly and vulnerable neighbours, food bank collections, an environment group and a community Whatsapp forum that organises loads of local events.

And just to ensure that you don't reinvent history too much - the weekly clap started in southern Europe (mainly Italy and Spain) and was promoted via social media by a Dutch woman living in London - Annemarie Plas. The government and the broadcast media belatedly got behind it after the movement was already underway.

There's plenty of info out there detailing how and why it was done. What it revealed was behind the scenes every government of importance were guided by the same hidden hand.

The problem as I see it is:

You can't differentiate between "information" and "evidence".

For Example

There's lots of information on this board that shows Covid was a hoax and that vaccines cause black-eyed zombie babies.

But

There's plenty of evidence that you have proven wrong about your assertions on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Definitely did - as I have described in several other threads. It was a way of showing appreciation and concern for NHS and other front line workers, and to bring communities together at the height of the Covid restrictions. The new friendships and community organisations we formed at that time are still going on today - checks on elderly and vulnerable neighbours, food bank collections, an environment group and a community Whatsapp forum that organises loads of local events.

And just to ensure that you don't reinvent history too much - the weekly clap started in southern Europe (mainly Italy and Spain) and was promoted via social media by a Dutch woman living in London - Annemarie Plas. The government and the broadcast media belatedly got behind it after the movement was already underway.
    I got involved with offering NHS staff one of my two parking places on my drive (as I live near to both a hospital and the town centre) and sometimes cleaned their cars for them by way of saying a thank you. I just wasn't into the clapping on the doorstep thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I got involved with offering NHS staff one of my two parking places on my drive (as I live near to both a hospital and the town centre) and sometimes cleaned their cars for them by way of saying a thank you. I just wasn't into the clapping on the doorstep thing.
    Different ways of taking the same stance.

Some people have also made an issue of the clapping and pan bashing as if it was (and is) a distraction from supporting a pay rise for health staff and putting more resources into the NHS and care system.

As far as I'm concerned it is both - not either/or. I have also been on the local Trades Council rallies, demonstrations, pickets and other actions in support of the pay campaign. Some things are just symbolic, others more practical - but all part of the same story.

Does Organ care to look up anything that may disagree with the memes he posts? I think we know the answer.

https://wvutoday.wvu.edu/stories/202...id-19-pandemic

Incredible how some can forget how scared people were three years ago
    Many people weren't scared, so you must have been getting your information from scary news sources!

Many people weren't scared, so you must have been getting your information from scary news sources!

One in fourteen care home residents died within the first three months of the pandemic, do you think those who were shoved into those properties when there was no known treatment for Covid had a right to be scared?

One in fourteen care home residents died within the first three months of the pandemic, do you think those who were shoved into those properties when there was no known treatment for Covid had a right to be scared?
    It's best to ask Matt Hancock about that.