Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
Exactly my point.

We need to find another striker of Moore’s ability which is very hard to do I know.

But just pretending that Etete is it or will become it over time and blaming the manager/tactics/everything/body else in the meantime is just naive.

The comments about Hugill are interesting though. He is certainly no world beater but it felt as though he made a significantly bigger contribution in most games than Etete does currently.
Huggill was a right handful when he was at Preston and, although it turned out that he didn’t quite make it in the Premier League, he had a multi million pound move to West Ham and was much sought after by Championship clubs when he was loaned out. However, when he was Etete’s age he was playing for Gateshead after being rejected by Port Vale - to write Etete off on the basis of him being stuck up front by himself as a 21/22 year old seems a bit premature to me.

Hugill was twenty nine when he was here and scored four times in nineteen appearances in all competitions, this season he’s scored three in thirty two matches, albeit for a bottom of the table team. Etete has scored five times in all competitions this season in twenty six games - not great, but not too different a scoring rate to what Hugill achieved here in 2022.