+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microchips in Humans - was this always going to happen?

Re: Microchips in Humans - was this always going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Hardly, Steve is working 7 days a week.
    I'd be hiring a private detective if my missus was working 7 days a week!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    There is nothing wrong with technology per se. The scary thing for me is the ever increasing reliance on it and the consequences when things go wrong, as we witnessed recently. I am reminded of the statement that we, i.e. society, are just 6 meals away from total anarchy
    Very true, here is an article you may find interesting:-

"The 8 Main Ways Technology Impacts Your Daily Life in 2024"

1. Improved Communication
    2. AI Changing The Way We Work
    3. Decreased Privacy
    4. Accessible Shopping
    5. Better Information Access
    6. Virtual Social Lives
    7. Remote Working
    8. Four Day Workweek

>> LINK

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Very true, here is an article you may find interesting:-

"The 8 Main Ways Technology Impacts Your Daily Life in 2024"

1. Improved Communication
    2. AI Changing The Way We Work
    3. Decreased Privacy
    4. Accessible Shopping
    5. Better Information Access
    6. Virtual Social Lives
    7. Remote Working
    8. Four Day Workweek

>> LINK
    A good summary of the positives of technology with only brief mentions of the negatives. As I have said, there is nothing wrong with technology per se, but there is sometimes in the way it is used of course e.g. Facebook as a means of cyber bullying kids.

My main worry is that my grandchildrens generation, and more likely their children's generation will become 100% reliant on it in every facet of life. Currently we still have some alternative options for example we still have physical cash that we can carry around with us, although even then if the tills don't work it is impossible to buy anything. Ever tried parking your car in a Pay by Phone car park to find that there is no signal? Can't switch the lights or heating on because the trendy Hive system is on the blink? (I don't have this I hasten to add, but my son has and he has had this problem. I see they have discontinued the product now!). The ultimate worry of course is that hackers will have a field day turning off public utilities and causing chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    A good summary of the positives of technology with only brief mentions of the negatives. As I have said, there is nothing wrong with technology per se, but there is sometimes in the way it is used of course e.g. Facebook as a means of cyber bullying kids.

My main worry is that my grandchildrens generation, and more likely their children's generation will become 100% reliant on it in every facet of life. Currently we still have some alternative options for example we still have physical cash that we can carry around with us, although even then if the tills don't work it is impossible to buy anything. Ever tried parking your car in a Pay by Phone car park to find that there is no signal? Can't switch the lights or heating on because the trendy Hive system is on the blink? (I don't have this I hasten to add, but my son has and he has had this problem. I see they have discontinued the product now!). The ultimate worry of course is that hackers will have a field day turning off public utilities and causing chaos.
    Hot off the press: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv22e5vx5djo

Customers were unable to use Marks and Spencer's website and app for several hours on Saturday after it was hit by a technical issue. Some customers complained on social media that they had been unable to use their Sparks card - the company's loyalty scheme - as they did not have a physical card and claimed they had lost out on savings.

No physical card! Oh, dear, poor dabs.