+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gething sacks minister alleging she leaked to media

Re: Gething sacks minister alleging she leaked to media

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well that's a surprise

I most definitely am totally anti Conservative and the point I am making on here is that if you speak about the last 25 years being a disaster .....that's open to debate .....then my English friends who have known apart from 13 years of labour a tory government all their lives will say they feel even more frustrated
    We could both be right of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    We could both be right of course.
    It's possible to be anti Conservative and not a fully paid up member of the far left

That's where I stand

It's possible to be anti Conservative and not a fully paid up member of the far left

That's where I stand
    Without wishing to get into another argument I'd say that covers almost the entire labour party.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Without wishing to get into another argument I'd say that covers almost the entire labour party.
    Very few people who vote Labour or Liberal or whatever belong to either party

If someone tells me they are active in the labour party then that's not my thing but I tell them I vote either labour or liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Very disappointing that he has played the race card.
    Where has VG played the race card ?

Probably when he said he was the first black leader of a European country. I have a mate who is black who says you can’t call yourself black if you have a white welsh father (like VG has)
    I think Gething now refers himself as having black heritage rather than just black .
    I would say he’s mixed race but who cares ?
    he has proven himself to be corrupt though, he’s been found out, but it’s ok as welsh Labour have asked the previous Welsh Labour leader carwyn Jones to do a ‘full investigation’ into it all

Gerhin is not a nice man . Sir Kier is best to distance himself from WAG.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Probably when he said he was the first black leader of a European country. I have a mate who is black who says you can’t call yourself black if you have a white welsh father (like VG has)
    I think Gething now refers himself as having black heritage rather than just black .
    I would say he’s mixed race but who cares ?
    he has proven himself to be corrupt though, he’s been found out, but it’s ok as welsh Labour have asked the previous Welsh Labour leader carwyn Jones to do a ‘full investigation’ into it all
    That's not playing the race card though is it ?

The term playing the race card is almost exclusively used by white people to describe a black ...or Asian....persons behaviour which in the opinion of the white person is trying to do things like make excuses for doing a crap job , being arrested , being discriminated against , not being good enough to play for England or Wales, not being interviewed, getting bullied etc......on the fact they are black

It's pretty low form

Whilst it appears VG isn't very good it seems that it is others in the labour group who have brought up their opinion that he's being treated badly because of his race

If there's a quote out there from him saying I am under pressure because of my race and a white Welsh Labour or Conservative minister wouldn't get this hassle ......then fair enough

I dont think many people think he's being treated badly because of his race but I also don't think he's responsible for any statements saying he thinks he is

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Gerhin is not a nice man . Sir Kier is best to distance himself from WAG.
    Well that's an opinion but is he guilty of using his race to make excuses or cry discrimination here ?

Because that's what a few on here have suggested

Where has VG played the race card ?
    I see the narrative has changed now. See: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgg0035dd0o

This a quote from the article:

Earlier on Saturday, a Labour MS said: "Vaughan Gething and his supporters made the case that the attacks against him were racially driven and that he was being held to a higher standard than others."

The MS added: "His supporters remain loyal but the group is still split."

However, an individual in the Welsh government itself strongly denied that Mr Gething had made such comments, and said they had instead come from Labour Members of Senedd (MSs).

He appears to be distancing himself from the original comment, so who really knows the truth?

I see the narrative has changed now. See: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgg0035dd0o

This a quote from the article:

Earlier on Saturday, a Labour MS said: "Vaughan Gething and his supporters made the case that the attacks against him were racially driven and that he was being held to a higher standard than others."

The MS added: "His supporters remain loyal but the group is still split."

However, an individual in the Welsh government itself strongly denied that Mr Gething had made such comments, and said they had instead come from Labour Members of Senedd (MSs).

He appears to be distancing himself from the original comment, so who really knows the truth?
    The farcical way in which the anonymous complainents ......who are complaining about possible racism and may ...or may not ...include the first minister ....are giving snippets to the press is a mirror of the whole situation since VG was appointed

Jesus h christ ......if you will pardon the expression GB

Jesus h christ ......if you will pardon the expression GB
    How can I pardon that expression when I know, that you know full well that I would find that very offensive? Sadly it says a lot about you of course, but maybe you can ask Jesus' pardon when you meet him?

How can I pardon that expression when I know, that you know full well that I would find that very offensive? Sadly it says a lot about you of course, but maybe you can ask Jesus' pardon when you meet him?
    Dear me

If you are offended then be a proper Christian....and forgive me

Dear me

If you are offended then be a proper Christian....and forgive me
    No-one can forgive someone on behalf of another person! You used Jesus's name as a swear word, not mine. You need him to forgive you. Sorry I can't help on this occasion.

No-one can forgive someone on behalf of another person! You used Jesus's name as a swear word, not mine. You need him to forgive you. Sorry I can't help on this occasion.
    Well tell your mate to forgive me

Jesus Christ is that the same person as Jesus H Christ?

A bit like harry corbet and harry H corbet , if you don’t know them go and look it up!

Sludge is beyond forgiveness, a quick check in his browser history will confirm…

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Jesus Christ is that the same person as Jesus H Christ?

A bit like harry corbet and harry H corbet , if you don’t know them go and look it up!

Sludge is beyond forgiveness, a quick check in his browser history will confirm…

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    A quick look in your browsing and it's all windmills

Spinning around

A quick look in your browsing and it's all windmills

Spinning around
    That’s really shit, you can do better than that what with the way you hijack every single other thread

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    That’s really shit, you can do better than that what with the way you hijack every single other thread
    I could do better but I can't be arsed