+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff Bus - I'm furious !!

Re: Cardiff Bus - I'm furious !!

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    'My' driver today was up there with one I came across about 15 years ago. The bus was a 45 and in those days it went to the end of Greenway Road and turned up Wentloog Road. However in this instance it went from Greenway straight down New Road. A young girl who wanted to get off on Wentloog Road mentioned it to him when she got off, telling the driver he was using the route taken by a 44 not a 45. He got all aggressive, telling her it wasn't a 45 (which it was) and to get her eyes tested the next time she got on a bus. A real charmer.
    I reported a driver for driving over 30 in a 20 (proper 20 with houses etc), then for nearly taking out a cyclist. (Does NCB work for Cardiff Bus?😁)

Let's get a few facts rights before you make an even bigger fool of yourself. When a card is replaced THEY notify you, with the fail safe being that your old card will work until they supply a replacement. Got it ? No gold standard organisational skills required.

Most drivers are fully aware that when cards are due to be replaced, these anomalies can arise. I've been on about 12 buses this week and without fail the drivers nodded in understanding when I explained that I'm waiting for my new card to arrive in the post.

The driver's attitude was hostile from the off, which was even more galling because I'm a very polite person. Being a jobsworth yourself I'm not surprised you would have have refused to let me on the bus. As for me being ashamed that I've threatened his job security, are you taking the p*ss ? The guy showed me no compassion and humiliated me in front of other passengers. Just get a life.
    https://portal.tfw.wales/en

If you have received a letter advising your card is due to expire or has expired, please log into your account to request a renewal. Your card expiry date is printed on the front of your card. You can only apply for a renewal a maximum of 6 weeks before your card is due to expire.

Not what it states here.

Not sure what prompted you to label me a jobsworth either, more name calling from the ever polite Moody.

Is this nextdoor.co.uk?

'My' driver today was up there with one I came across about 15 years ago. The bus was a 45 and in those days it went to the end of Greenway Road and turned up Wentloog Road. However in this instance it went from Greenway straight down New Road. A young girl who wanted to get off on Wentloog Road mentioned it to him when she got off, telling the driver he was using the route taken by a 44 not a 45. He got all aggressive, telling her it wasn't a 45 (which it was) and to get her eyes tested the next time she got on a bus. A real charmer.
    I've seen a bus with 62 on the front and 63 on the back. I never found out which it was because I get off before the routes diverge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I reported a driver for driving over 30 in a 20 (proper 20 with houses etc), then for nearly taking out a cyclist. (Does NCB work for Cardiff Bus?😁)
    I've reported drivers for nearly taking out a cyclist (me) a couple of times. I've sent in video footage and got replies to the effect of the driver has had a severe talking too, we're very sorry, not the standards we require, blah blah.
    I've no idea if those drivers have improved.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I've reported drivers for nearly taking out a cyclist (me) a couple of times. I've sent in video footage and got replies to the effect of the driver has had a severe talking too, we're very sorry, not the standards we require, blah blah.
    I've no idea if those drivers have improved.
    They probably would have been spoken to. Not much more they can do really.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I use them everyday,always polite,have you ever though it could be your atitude?
    I dont think so - the last time I used cardiff bus was when I was going to Velindre - the bus driver refused to stop at Velindre hospital - even though I pressed the bell - he said that I didnt press the bell soon enough and continued to drive on to the next stop. So to answer your question - I dont think it's my attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I dont think so - the last time I used cardiff bus was when I was going to Velindre - the bus driver refused to stop at Velindre hospital - even though I pressed the bell - he said that I didnt press the bell soon enough and continued to drive on to the next stop. So to answer your question - I dont think it's my attitude.
    Maybe he was right and you didn't press the bell soon enough.
    Was this a one-off incident that has caused you to say
    Never use Cardiff, horrible company, usually bad tempered and rude drivers and half owned by Cardiff Council, which is probably where the general company attitude comes from
    or do you have a persistent problem?

I suppose you can only talk as you find. If someone rides the bus once and you have a bad experience then that's going to be your feeling.

I maybe only get the bus 10 times a year, I can't remember anything really happening other than I get on, pay, get off.

rating the thread 1 star. Not one "i dont beleeeiiivvee it!" in sight.. very dissapointing

My experience is the opposite of yours.
    Me and the Mrs shopping over Tescos pengam green why the bus pulled off went around the roundabout and stopped in front of us.
    We were on the other side of the road.
    Maybe we were lucky .

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    My experience is the opposite of yours.
    Me and the Mrs shopping over Tescos pengam green why the bus pulled off went around the roundabout and stopped in front of us.
    We were on the other side of the road.
    Maybe we were lucky .
    And maybe I have been unlucky. I should have added that , it is only for Cardiff bus. Sometimes there is a Tonypandy bus, valleys drivers were great.

And maybe I have been unlucky. I should have added that , it is only for Cardiff bus. Sometimes there is a Tonypandy bus, valleys drivers were great.
    Going way back to when I used to visit my grandparents in Ebbw Vale as a kid I always remember the valley bus drivers being super friendly, almost a different species from Cardiff drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    rating the thread 1 star. Not one "i dont beleeeiiivvee it!" in sight.. very dissapointing

Dissapointing you say

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Dissapointing you say
    Do you remember Andy Pandy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    https://portal.tfw.wales/en

If you have received a letter advising your card is due to expire or has expired, please log into your account to request a renewal. Your card expiry date is printed on the front of your card. You can only apply for a renewal a maximum of 6 weeks before your card is due to expire.

Not what it states here.

Not sure what prompted you to label me a jobsworth either, more name calling from the ever polite Moody.
    Moody, was I wrong? If my sources have let me down I apologise.

If I was right, and you are such a polite gentleman where is your apology for the name calling?

Absolutely seething with a Cardiff Bus driver today, so much so that I've emailed them a lengthy complaint.

I was refused access to a bus because my pensioner's pass had expired 5 days ago. I told him even before I showed him my pass that I am waiting for a replacement in the post. He had the audacity to say I should have sorted it earlier. I told him that my replacement application was returned the same day I received notification so there was no way I could have speeded up the process. But the bast**d wouldn't budge.

He even said the picture had faded, so I said what do you expect with a pass that was many years old.

There are some brilliant bus drivers but some right ar*eholes too. He certainly falls into the latter category.
    I use buses very rarely, as I always get the train, but that is shocking. Surely there should be a kind of two week crossover period?

"Little Hitler" is how my dad would describe him!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I use buses very rarely, as I always get the train, but that is shocking. Surely there should be a kind of two week crossover period?

I thought you said that if people mentioned the Nazis it was a sure sign they had lost the argument?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I thought you said that if people mentioned the Nazis it was a sure sign they had lost the argument?
    His Dad was wise, nipped the argument in the bud early.

rating the thread 1 star. Not one "i dont beleeeiiivvee it!" in sight.. very disappointing
    Dissapointing you say
    there you go fixed - the world's a better place again!

hmm never bothered to try quote in quotes on here before

rating the thread 1 star. Not one "i dont beleeeiiivvee it!" in sight.. very disappointing
    Dissapointing you say
    there you go fixed - the world's a better place again!
    I'm sorry a I'm such a pedantic dimwit
    Its quite alright, you fit right into this thread
    meh thats 30 seconds of my time i wont get back

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Cyril, there is no one on earth I disagree with more on most things than my dad 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Don't mention the war

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I reported a driver for driving over 30 in a 20 (proper 20 with houses etc), then for nearly taking out a cyclist. (Does NCB work for Cardiff Bus?��)
    No thank God

International

People taking this seriously

It's a post from someone who calls himself moody, getting moody with a Bus Driver for following the rules

It's like complaining to the Police that you were in a rush when you got your speeding ticket