Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
Looking at the pictures (which I still believe will be mostly archive) would suggest that the majority whooping it up and forgetting the Social Distancing thing are not in the groups who are deemed to be most at risk, so infection rates may go up but it may not adversely affect death rates so much.
But they could return to places where they might pass it on to those more susceptible. We must wait a week or two to see if that actually happens.
Definitely, I'd hope that people who work with the vulnerable or have vulnerable family are either keeping away from the pub, or away from the vulnerable. Personally I think the reopening should be timetabled. Along the lines of open for 2 weeks, followed by a mandatory 5 day closure from Monday 20th. That would give venues and pub companies a time to analyse what's happened and make any changes needed. More importantly it gives the government a real chance to look at the data as its coming in, if things are looking worrying then the closure would obviously need to be extended