Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
This is not a suggestion related to how transfers work. What I am suggesting is that if we are deemed liable for a fee, it should not be anywhere near the £15mil Nantes are after.

If you take the player himself out of the equation and look at it purely from a monetary sense, CCFC gained nothing whatsoever.
Nantes lost a player that cost them €1mil, and would have scored more goals for them in the years that followed, but was way over-valued at £15mil to begin with, and wasn't exactly going to fire Nantes to Champs League success etc.

I would suggest that if we are made to pay compensation to Nantes, it should be closer to £5mil than the £15mil agreed given we never even got to have the lad step onto a pitch for us. I'm trying to look at it in more of a subjective manner as opposed to assuming we should owe them £15mil.

I've posted here occasionally in the past, but until recently, not for many many years. I'm normally a viewer far more than a poster. However, the shenanigans of pre-season and a bit more free time drew me in for a bit
either he dies when he was a Cardiff player, in which case we owe the full fee, or he was a Nantes player, in which case we wouldn't pay anything is my limited understanding of it.

I'm not sure why we would pay a lower figure to Nantes