Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
Don't know why you wouldn't get a mortgage, only reason would be credit or lack of employment. Mortgages are extremely easy to get compared with 30yrs ago. Big difference was you started with a cheaper property/flat and slowly moved 'up the ladder'. Today people want to move in to their 'forever home' straight away. It's hard nowadays, but it was hard then, too.
Young folk I know seem a lot more fussy these days. I bought a dilapidated house when I was about 25, most rooms were not used or in a bit of a state, reckon it took me about 5 years to eventually get each room done. My neighbours daughter just bought a house, been saving for a few years, couldn’t quite afford cardiff they said so bought in Caerphilly. All the furniture though came from John Lewis, then the garage needed converting in to a gym straight away, now the kitchen isn’t right and they want an extension. Not been there 6 months yet….I hear this sort of stuff about getting everything perfect almost immediately, what’s this all about? Why?