+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: George Floyd Good Read

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: George Floyd Good Read

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is there anyone who hasn't seen the Trump thread on the politics board? Just have a look at it for a while - you don't have to read the thousands of messages, just go to a few random pages and look at the names of the posters and then ask yourself if the person above dissing a "here today, gone tomorrow president" can possibly be the same Wales Bales as the one in that thread.
    I'm not saying Trump didn't play a part in exposing the massive corruption of the previous administration, but he doesn't have the power to rectify the situation. That will all be down to the Attorney General, and whatever Barr does or doesn't do will have a big impact on future generations. Trump is just a bit part player who will soon be gone, so I don't understand why people get so hung up on him.

Re: George Floyd Good Read

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm not saying Trump didn't play a part in exposing the massive corruption of the previous administration, but he doesn't have the power to rectify the situation. That will all be down to the Attorney General, and whatever Barr does or doesn't do will have a big impact on future generations. Trump is just a bit part player who will soon be gone, so I don't understand why people get so hung up on him.
    You've summed up your delusions better than any of your critics could have done there. Trump divides opinions like no other politician I can recall and some of his disciples hang on his every word, if only one of them died as a result of his ludicrous bleach remarks, then that is more than enough justification for me to get "hung up" on him - there are responsibilities which go with his job, but that passes him by because he only ever sees things in terms of himself.

The central point of your argument seems to be that "draining the swamp" (I could say and replacing it with something equally as acrid at this point) is more important than, for example. the 135,822 Americans who have died from the virus as of this morning - I'm pleased to say I'll never have such a warped sense of values as to believe that.