Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
What do you mean by your first sentence? Can you clarify it for me, please?

Also, which part(s) of Articles 82/83 in particular were you suggesting Drakeford has gone against?

From what I've read and how I've interpreted it, it suggests the opposite of Drakeford breaking any laws.

Every retailer is entitled to sell their items online, so the market is fair for everyone - so unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious, it looks like he's done nothing wrong by not allowing supermarkets to sell non-essential items during a pandemic when high street shops are closed.
In my book he’s distorting competition. The Senedd is a dominant entity managing 5% of uk population. Assuming that supermarkets are spread evenly across the uk population, at a stroke he’s reduced the availability of a significant range of goods across 5% of the UKs supermarkets. He’s not done it for public health reasons, he’s done it to be seen to be fair, or level things up for non essential closed shops in Wales and to protect them from competition while closed. Ie Commercial reasons. I don’t think this is in the Senedd remit, and if you are interested have a look at the particular responsibilities dominant entities have in Competition law. This is why I think the whole thing will be softened once he has met with the supermarkets