Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
I don't see Abolish as a real threat to be honest. There's very little appetite for abolishing the Senedd amongst under 50s (indeed polling shows that independence is more popular than abolishing the Senedd). We're now seeing people who've grown up knowing nothing but the Senedd coming to vote so I think the calls for abolishment will decrease in the coming years
I do understand the frustration with the senedd as they're unable to legislate on the big topics such as immigration, policing and various laws so end up discussing secondary issues. I think people look at the numbers of assembly members there are, on quite a sizeable wage for what is seemingly minimal work with a lot of talking and not a lot of action.

I again recognise my own hypocrisy for not wanting a independent Wales to which would grant said powers but I do feel an independent Wales would be such a massive risk economically that I just don't want to test the waters.

However I do agree we will need a Senedd more than ever over the next few years.