+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

You can't have a political debate about migration because anyone who brings the subject up is branded a racist.

Re: There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    You can't have a political debate about migration because anyone who brings the subject up is branded a racist.
    That DM article is as racist as they come (so are the BTL comments generally). It's dangerous, mean-spirited, mis-represented, selective, bigoted racism. Written by a white guy for other white guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That DM article is as racist as they come (so are the BTL comments generally). It's dangerous, mean-spirited, mis-represented, selective, bigoted racism. Written by a white guy for other white guys.
    I don't think the majority of people with issues with migration are actually doing it for racial issues but instead economic and keeping their world the same.

They'd be the same if there was a threat of working class white people were moving near.

But you're right it is mean minded.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don't think the majority of people with issues with migration are actually doing it for racial issues but instead economic and keeping their world the same.

They'd be the same if there was a threat of working class white people were moving near.

But you're right it is mean minded.
    You may well be correct. It is, however, whipped up by some pretty blatant racism and xenophobia which is allowed to be peddled in a lot of MSM. I used to give people the benefit of the doubt but I'm afraid that after the Rwanda debacle and the willingness to ship innocent children over there I feel I can't afford to anymore. I'm ashamed of the UK and so, articles like this, surprise, surprise, in the DM just aren't the light reading I come to CCMB for in the morning!

If it's racist, there will be a police investigation. What you probably mean, is that the article disagrees with you. And so you label it racist because you know for a long time, you've been able to hide behind that to avoid addressing any of the issues.

What actually is more racist, is the immigration policy we have had for the last couple of decades, which explicitly gives advantages to people from an overwhelmingly white part of the world (within the EU), over those from an overwhelmingly non-white part of the world (the rest of it). That has changed now. Everyone is considered equally, whether from Netherlands or Nigeria.

No system is perfect, but in terms of racism, it is unquestionably the one you presumably support that is more racist.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    If it's racist, there will be a police investigation. What you probably mean, is that the article disagrees with you. And so you label it racist because you know for a long time, you've been able to hide behind that to avoid addressing any of the issues.

What actually is more racist, is the immigration policy we have had for the last couple of decades, which explicitly gives advantages to people from an overwhelmingly white part of the world (within the EU), over those from an overwhelmingly non-white part of the world (the rest of it). That has changed now. Everyone is considered equally, whether from Netherlands or Nigeria.

No system is perfect, but in terms of racism, it is unquestionably the one you presumably support that is more racist.
    I thought you were more intelligent than this Mr J to even write that. That's low.

I thought you were more intelligent than this Mr J to even write that. That's low.
    It's you that labelled an article racist (if so, ring the police, or ring IPSO) it's you who said it's an article written by a white guy for white guys.

It's me who pointed out that it is EU immigration policy that specifically prioritises one group of people over another. Is that not the policy you support then?

People in glass houses and all that.

International

I've just come back in from work and some of these replies are hysterical, talk about an overreaction I think some of you were crying when you replied, get a grip and grow some.
    I read it and the bit that jumped out to me is “Between 2011 and 2021, the population of England and Wales grew by a staggering 3.5 million, or about 6.6 per cent.”
    As someone correctly pointed out it is due to immigration but also births outstripping deaths, but regardless it explains some of the posts we’ve seen the last few weeks, like I can’t get a doctor, dentist, ambulance, looked after in A&E, a hospital bed a policeman to call after a burglary, buy a house.
    We have a problem the population of the UK and many other countries is growing at a significantly faster pace than all our important service providers.
    I was expecting to see a sensible discussion about this and how it can be dealt with going forward and how immigration can bring positive benefits such as targeting doctors overseas etc.
    Still I suppose it does show who just have one agenda and won’t look at any article and give a measured sensible response.

No doubt I'll come back next time to 30 replies screaming it's all Boris's fault, don't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I've just come back in from work and some of these replies are hysterical, talk about an overreaction I think some of you were crying when you replied, get a grip and grow some.
    I read it and the bit that jumped out to me is “Between 2011 and 2021, the population of England and Wales grew by a staggering 3.5 million, or about 6.6 per cent.”
    As someone correctly pointed out it is due to immigration but also births outstripping deaths, but regardless it explains some of the posts we’ve seen the last few weeks, like I can’t get a doctor, dentist, ambulance, looked after in A&E, a hospital bed a policeman to call after a burglary, buy a house.
    We have a problem the population of the UK and many other countries is growing at a significantly faster pace than all our important service providers.
    I was expecting to see a sensible discussion about this and how it can be dealt with going forward and how immigration can bring positive benefits such as targeting doctors overseas etc.
    Still I suppose it does show who just have one agenda and won’t look at any article and give a measured sensible response.
    ......and breathe

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    ......and breathe

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

No doubt I'll come back next time to 30 replies screaming it's all Boris's fault, don't let me down
    You’re calling people hysterical then suggesting it’s immigrants fault that houses are too expensive here. Bit mad that tbh

There you go.