Looking from overseas all I see is incompetence from Boris, the man has no idea how to run a country or how to plan for anything. He constantly changes rules and often too late which causes confusion and disinterest from the public because people aren't able to adjust to any new rules before they're changed again. He says he assures people 'we' will do things, fans back in stadiums etc when it has no actual evidence that that is even possible.

From the start people worried about a 2nd wave in winter so the fact that the UK is getting a strong wave so early into the winter is extremely concerning. The UK have a huge advantage over many countries in that it is an island, Boris should have restricted entry earlier on the 1st wave and has made the same mistake on the 2nd. All this banging on about the UK economy he should have told people to give up the idea of an overseas holiday this year and to holiday in the UK helping the tourism industries, by letting people holiday overseas all he has done is import the virus in large quantities once again, kickstarting the UK wave. At the end of the day all he does is bang on about getting out of Europe but has allowed 1000's of people to jolly around Europe and return with no enforced quarantine, testing or contact tracing in place.

I have been living in Australia for the past 2 years and was due to return home in a couple of months, BJ's handling of this and the damage that has been done to the UK means I am now looking to extend my stay in Australia potentially forever as well as lots of brits that I know have made similar plans. Australia has handled this very well and I understand the position of Australia and NZ on the globe will have made a big effect on their ability to lower the risk of importing the virus but they acted fast and strong to limit the spread with strong borders (the whole point of Brexit), enforced quarantine by hotel and/or enforced by door knocking by police or army and limiting overseas travel to citizens who have an exception and not for people who simply fancy a boozy week in Bali.

The U.K would always have had to live with the virus due to it's close proximity to Europe but the damage to peoples lives and livelihoods could have been greatly reduced, hopefully I'll return one day but even if I do I'm not sure if there will be a UK as I know it know, independence calls are growing and will only continue to grow until Boris is gone or he learns to bring the countries and people together.