+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fifty more Downing St. fines.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fifty more Downing St. fines.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I just can’t imagine it being allowed if they were following the science and Government data. They would know more than what they were telling the public.

Would you have attended an event like this at the time ?
    No, absolutely no way. The truth is that there are some very selfish people about and, right from very early in the pandemic, it was known that the chances of people dying or becoming seriously ill with Covid declined dramatically the younger you were. In a working environment that I suspect contained plenty of large egos, they tended not to think of the consequences for others, only themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, absolutely no way. The truth is that there are some very selfish people about and, right from very early in the pandemic, it was known that the chances of people dying or becoming seriously ill with Covid declined dramatically the younger you were. In a working environment that I suspect contained plenty of large egos, they tended not to think of the consequences for others, only themselves.
    Very well put, TOBW. Many people may have thought that they themselves may have survived Covid OK (which may not have necessarily have been the case) but considered the possibility that they could pass on the virus to someone older and have been effectively responsible for someone else's demise.

If your M.P. is a Tory then I suggest you write to him/her asap to ask them to stand up and be counted as one of the 54 required to trigger the vote of no confidence in the P.M. In my case I will be doing that tomorrow morning. If you or Joe Public don't bother then they can justifiably claim that there is no appetite amongst their constituents for such action.

I did once read somewhere that if M.P.'s receive more than a certain number of letters/emails on a single subject then that means that there are probably a whole lot more people out there who feel the same way. Typically I can't find any reference to that now but IIRC it was a relative small number.