+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: UK temperatures....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: UK temperatures....

This lockdown weather is getting spooky, I mean just how long can it be dry for? What is it now, 2 or 3 days of slight rain? It’s almost as if the weather is being controlled to keep our heads above water, endless sunshine through April and May? Hhhhmmmmmm I’m off to watch the Truman show

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    This lockdown weather is getting spooky, I mean just how long can it be dry for? What is it now, 2 or 3 days of slight rain? It’s almost as if the weather is being controlled to keep our heads above water, endless sunshine through April and May? Hhhhmmmmmm I’m off to watch the Truman show
    It's a shame, considering all that lovely rain we had before the lockdown. If we could have kept half of that, we'd be fine for a decade.

I suggest we use Merthyr as a new reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's a shame, considering all that lovely rain we had before the lockdown. If we could have kept half of that, we'd be fine for a decade.

I suggest we use Merthyr as a new reservoir.
    You’ll need Merthyr for somewhere to move to when global warming impacts means Cardiff is underwater by 2040. Be great for people in the valleys when it happens as they’ll all have a sea view.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    You’ll need Merthyr for somewhere to move to when global warming impacts means Cardiff is underwater by 2040. Be great for people in the valleys when it happens as they’ll all have a sea view.
    Think of the property prices too

My £70,000 two bedroomed terrace will be at Caerfilthy prices in 2035, and at Monaco prices in 2040.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Think of the property prices too

My £70,000 two bedroomed terrace will be at Caerfilthy prices in 2035, and at Monaco prices in 2040.
    When Ferndale becomes flooded with sea water and is turned into a beach, property prices in Maerdy will quadruple to £20k for a 4 bedroom detached.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    When Ferndale becomes flooded with sea water and is turned into a beach, property prices in Maerdy will quadruple to £20k for a 4 bedroom detached.
    Now, now Eric and start saving up. £20k is only going to get you a inflatable dinghy, oars not included.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Now, now Eric and start saving up. £20k is only going to get you a inflatable dinghy, oars not included.
    Plenty of oars there.

Actually that reminded me of a short anecdote. About 5 years ago I was on a late bus going up the Rhondda Fach when a group of older teenagers got on at the bottom of Penrhys. They were a bit loud but harmless. One girl asked their group why they kept calling her a slag. Another girl said "well, you are, aren't you?" Her reply? "Yes, I suppose I am!"

Absolutely lashed down in Splott on more than one occasion on Saturday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Absolutely lashed down in Splott on more than one occasion on Saturday morning.
    You should move over to the Heath, blue skies allday

QUOTE=goats;5079981]You should move over to the Heath, blue skies allday[/QUOTE]

You must have still been under the duvet goats pissed down very heavily at least three times on Saturday morning.

QUOTE=goats;5079981]You should move over to the Heath, blue skies allday
    You must have still been under the duvet goats pissed down very heavily at least three times on Saturday morning.[/QUOTE]

Proper lockdown here, curtains drawn and everything.....
    Don’t worry I know it rained a bit last week, particularly at 4.30am Friday as I was camping in the garden with my two boys. 6 year old jumped up asking what the noise was, it was torrential and he usually sleeps through anything....it was a long day last Friday.

You must have still been under the duvet goats pissed down very heavily at least three times on Saturday morning.
    Don’t worry I know it rained a bit last week, particularly at 4.30am Friday as I was camping in the garden with my two boys. 6 year old jumped up asking what the noise was, it was torrential and he usually sleeps through anything....it was a long day last Friday.[/QUOTE]

Camping? Is the clubhouse open?

Don’t worry I know it rained a bit last week, particularly at 4.30am Friday as I was camping in the garden with my two boys. 6 year old jumped up asking what the noise was, it was torrential and he usually sleeps through anything....it was a long day last Friday.

Kin right it is...boon dog on tap
    Camping? Is the clubhouse open?[/QUOTE]

I am thinking of adding another rain barrel in my back garden as the 5 I have already are running very low.....