Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
We got to the Premier league, and he gave McKay cash to spend, but he wasted it. It’s not all Tans fault we are where we are.
Do you deny that we’re in a slightly worse position now than when Vincent Tan took over, that the quality of football is much worse and that we’re not as good at producing our own players than we were? I’ve no problem with giving Vincent Tan due credit for his part in our two promotions, but then it has to follow that he cannot escape some blame for our record creating two relegations doesn’t it?

Also, you’re conveniently forgetting that Mackay had to do his job in 12/13 and 13/14 against a background of supporter unrest created entirely by Vincent Tan and that he had to do his job for the first half of our first Premier League season with the owner making it pretty obvious he didn’t want him at the club.

Being honest, I’ve doubts as to whether we’d have stayed up if Mackay had stayed, but it’s a fact that we were outside the bottom three when he was sacked. We certainly weren’t the worst team in the league when Mackay left, but the record shows we were when the season ended.

It’s simplistic nonsense to say Mackay or Tan were solely responsible for us going down in 13/14 (I used to say that the only person at the club who could look back on the season with satisfaction as to their own performance was David Marshall), but, apart from those in the Boardroom, the only links we had to the 13/14 squad were Aaron Gunnarsson and Joe Ralls (who spent the season on loan at Yeovil) - it seems to me that those in the Boardroom learned none of the lessons of 13/14 when it came to our second Premier League season in 18/19.