Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
You're right, but I doubt TWGL1 (or whatever his previous moniker was) read the article in its entirety.
I did read the article in full, otherwise I wouldn’t have posted, I actually believe the article is positive and put into perspective the current situation. If you also include population growth in the UK, alongside fewer hospital beds.

The key benchmark of A&E are waiting times, which reflects the efficiency of the NHS, and the article shows a downward trajectory, especially from this year to last year. Our Government has stated this is due to the vaccine programme.

The majority of people in hospital with Covid as you are probably aware, are admitted for other illness or conditions and tested positive whilst in hospital (this is a protocol of admission), even our our Mr Drakeford confirmed this yesterday.

Significant numbers of people in hospital who are fit to leave are unable to, because they have not got got sufficient care at home in place are classed as a hospital patient, these patients would typically have a low staff to patient ration, but are still deemed an admission.

It appears to me that some people aren’t happy reading positive articles regarding the pandemic and much prefer to live with the doom and gloom.