+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manchester Arena Inquiry: Security 'did not approach bomber over racism fears'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Manchester Arena Inquiry: Security 'did not approach bomber over racism fears'

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Indeed.

He was 18, so inexperienced at this. I wonder what training he had, if any? He must have had grounds for doubt about Abedi's behaviour otherwise he surely wouldn't have thought the way he did. Did anyone else in security see Abedi? Did they have similar doubts? I'd also find it slightly alarming if this relatively inexperienced youngster was on his own monitoring an area.

There are undoubtedly other questions to come out of this. Sadly, that utter wankstain Farage has come out and wrongly said it was an example of political correctness. What an opportunist dickhead he really is.
    I feel for the guy, and can’t imagine the guilt he will be feeling, but what better example of political correctness do you need,, when he was wary of acting on his Gut feeling and suspicion, in fear of being labelled racist?

Re: Manchester Arena Inquiry: Security 'did not approach bomber over racism fears'

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I feel for the guy, and can’t imagine the guilt he will be feeling, but what better example of political correctness do you need,, when he was wary of acting on his Gut feeling and suspicion, in fear of being labelled racist?
    Was he? Is this a fact?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Almost too perfect? Was there any interview of him at the time? Who knows how he was feeling but over the past ten years, in the wider Manchester area, there have been dozens of news stories about not taking action for fear of being labeled racist so people will be sympathetic to that idea, especially this year where things have been polarised further, but also that sort of behaviour (the dangers of not acting, how you can take action in a safe way) will have been discussed thoroughly.

What better example of poor training practice do you need than an 18 year old being presented with an issue, not knowing what to do and not taking it to someone more senior?