+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our service tonight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Our service tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not one single decent cross, long throw, corner or free kick in 90 minutes. The best chance we had, a free kick which Tomlin must have fancied, we rolled at snail's pace to Vaulks.
    I think the freekick was too wide for Tomlin to have a shot at goal. Moving the ball to a more central position was a decent option, but it was executed poorly and they reacted well.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think the freekick was too wide for Tomlin to have a shot at goal. Moving the ball to a more central position was a decent option, but it was executed poorly and they reacted well.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Agreed
    I don't, when's the last time you saw a goal scored from a free kick tapped to someone else? Defenders are out too quick these days to let it happen - the angle wasn't perfect, but Tomlin is good enough to score from there on occasions, I'm guessing Whitts would have scored two or three times out of ten from the same position if the angle had favoured a left footer.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't, when's the last time you saw a goal scored from a free kick tapped to someone else? Defenders are out too quick these days to let it happen - the angle wasn't perfect, but Tomlin is good enough to score from there on occasions, I'm guessing Whitts would have scored two or three times out of ten from the same position if the angle had favoured a left footer.
    I think the poster was agreeing that the ball was played too wide as the OP said it was hit as snail pace which is wrong.

Delivery was terrible tonight. Hardly anything went into a dangerous position and we must have had 20+ opportunities with free kicks corners and throw ins. This is where a player like Whittingham could do nothing all game but still create 2 good goal scoring opportunities in his worst game.

Didn't really help that Fulham seemed well equipped to deal with our main threat. We don't seem to be as effective at set pieces lately. I'm no Nelson super fan but he has been very good since the break apart from the Blackburn game but doesn't give you the threat Bamba and Flint does.

Also when we had Paterson on the right there was usually another target in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Tomlin takes a decent free kick, but Whittingham was on another level.