+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Duke of Edinburgh dies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ve barely contributed to this thread, so I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve that dig, but since you went out of your way to mention me, I’ll have my say. Thankfully, I have different opinions to you and some of the other forelock tuggers in this thread and I sometimes set them out on here, I’m not sure, in fact I’m certain I do so by saying I’m more intelligent than you or that you are stupid.

This morning Andrew Marr told me I was wrong for not being interested in yesterday’s funeral, well, if we go by this story

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56792086

It seems that 50 million others in the UK were not interested enough to ensure that they had access to yesterday’s broadcast and that puts the emphasis the media has put on Prince Philip’s death and funeral into some sort of perspective.
    I'm not entirely surev# that you meant to say those words, but as you are by your own admission far more intelligent than others must I assume that you did?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm not entirely surev# that you meant to say those words, but as you are by your own admission far more intelligent than others must I assume that you did?
    Wasn't just me then.

Actually I owe Bob a proper reply so I shall do that now

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Wasn't just me then.

Actually I owe Bob a proper reply so I shall do that now
    I think that he missed out the word 'Not' although in my opinion, Bob is a lot more intelligent than plenty of posters on here

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that he missed out the word 'Not' although in my opinion, Bob is a lot more intelligent than plenty of posters on here
    I think he did too, but maybe it was just a Freudian slip

I think he did too, but maybe it was just a Freudian slip
    Nah, he's not about that. He's never been arrogant, pompous or superior. Just like you and me snaggs.....

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nah, he's not about that. He's never been arrogant, pompous or superior. Just like you and me snaggs.....
    Norse elf-opinionated ? I'm never arrogant pompous or superior, it's just that some people on here are too low born inferior and/or stupid to recognise it.
    It's not their fault, we should pity them.

International

And another thing. Is there the slightest suggestion that the glasses smiley might, just might, have slitty eyes?

If anything, I'm guilty of putting too many commas in when I write things, but, this time, there was one too few, There should have been one after the word "certain" - it still doesn't read great, but it should show that I'm not saying I'm more intelligent than other posters or that those who disagree with me are stupid. I can do, and quite enjoy doing, deliberately condescending, but I don't think I've ever said I'm the most intelligent poster on here (Lord help us if I was!) and I can ever remember calling people stupid.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If anything, I'm guilty of putting too many commas in when I write things, but, this time, there was one too few, There should have been one after the word "certain" - it still doesn't read great, but it should show that I'm not saying I'm more intelligent than other posters or that those who disagree with me are stupid. I can do, and quite enjoy doing, deliberately condescending, but I don't think I've ever said I'm the most intelligent poster on here (Lord help us if I was!) and I can ever remember calling people stupid.
    There you go - - you just did it again!