Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
It tells a story when a fan of a team that was in the Premier League in 2018/19 sees staying in the league below playing $hite football as success.

No, survival in this league will not be success in my opinion. Especially not while playing arguably the worst brand of football in this league. The fact you have even considered survival as some degree of success shows how far we have regressed.

We are not winning with direct football at the moment, we are not entertaining. Our squad is getting weaker, we are making very odd decisions and loaning out anybody with flair. We are playing kids out of necessity and some simply aren't up to it.

Is it a direct demand from those above managerial level to play kids? It wouldn't surprise me and would be another sign that the people running our club simply don't get football. You can't just make a decision to play kids and start playing them and hope they get up to that level. If it was that easy every club would be doing it. You get an academy in place that produces players that kick the door down because they are such bright prospects that it makes it impossible not to pick them. We're a world away from that now.

Mick would have a job on here if he had funds to buy the players he wants. Doing it on a shoestring is not going to happen. He is very direct and if he let's the players whose contracts run out at the end of the season go then I can only see him bringing in players that fit that system sadly.

If they want to see less people through the turnstiles and turn the casual fans away from the club then they are going the right way about it.
Your backtracking. Those not agreeing with youve accused of going for a swim when the Titanic sinks. So are we getting relegated or not.?

Id say if we finish mid table with Bagan Colwill Bowen Harris maybe even Kieran Evans and Isaak Davies then its fair to say most will have proved they are up to this level. I dont think it will be because the likes of Flint Vaulks and co have carried them.

We are skint. No parachute payments .Its survival mode at the moment.

I agree the football is dire. I didnt want Mick McCarthy but thats where we are. Im pretty certain he can keep us out of a relegation fight. Im happy to play to our strengths but the aimless hoofing it and head tennis needs to be cut out.