Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
You can't disregard Bogle's time with Wigan just because he was poor and it doesn't fit your argument, Ings scored more Football League goals in one season than Bogle has in 3, Ings also got 11 for a hugely defensive side in the Premier League. I like Bogle but to say he's on a par with or is a better option even than Ings makes no sense to me

Are you genuinely saying that Rhys Healey is a better option than Danny Ings? Healey's never scored more than 6 goals in one season in professional football and that was with Newport

Yes, one England cap doesn't make a player world class, but you still have to be of a certain standard to get one, do you think Bogle or Healey will ever be in contention for one?
What was Ings record the season before his breakout Championship season? 3 in 32 games. If you look at his big seasons he's had 2 - the promotion season and I'd agree he did well in the Prem with Burnley at the time. If you look at all league games, Ings record is just over 3 games per goal. Granted, he's had two serious injuries but those two good years appear to have been the exception.

Bogle it's 2 games per goal. Scored at whatever level. The Wigan stint, things didn't go well. Wigan were poor; the point being that poor single season was very much the exception to Bogle's career whereas good easons are the exception to Ings career. Factor in differences between the players - Bogle able to use either foot, better in air, the bad injuries Ings has had along with the type of player Warnock wants then I'd hardly call Ings a cut above Bogle - especially if you also add in transfer fee and wages.

Zohore? Better than Ings by a mile. Zohore has all the physical qualities to be the prototype striker in vogue these days - height, pace, power.

Healey is a better option when you consider his role in the squad - which would be fourth choice behind Zohore, Bogle and Ward. Again, it's about the upside to the player. IMO, Ings has peaked, possibly peaked when he was at Burnley. The injuries will have taken something from his game.

Will Healey surpass Ings? Maybe, maybe not. Football doesn't work out that way. if he can achieve his maximum potential, he's got a higher ceiling than Ings imo.

England cap? Michael Ricketts has an England cap. Jay Bothroyd has an England cap. Keith Curle. John Fashanu. Carlton Palmer. If you're claiming you have to be of a certain standard, the bar is set very low tbh.

To turn the question around, would people pick Ings over Zohore? Ward? Bogle? Right now I can't see any justification for making that move.