+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rishi Sunak has his pledges...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rishi Sunak has his pledges...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No, what I'm saying is that problems exist and they need solving irrespective of the party in power.

If we have a large number of people essentially doing nothing that is not good. It's never been good, not good for them or us collectively. It's important to look into why and the I am almost certain you won't find much difference between the parties in power, or indeed any party in power.
    Is anybody even talking about looking into why? Dr Sunak said it himself, people aren't more ill than they used to be, nothing to see here. The policy is basically just play chicken with them until they can't eat/live to force them back into work. We can't involve doctors anymore because they are focussed on the health of their patient and that gets in the way of these scroungers being productive little drones.

Problem involving poor person = stick

Problem involving rich person = carrot

We are constantly punching down as a society and it's ****ing sad to see the acceptance of it.

Re: Rishi Sunak has his pledges...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Is anybody even talking about looking into why? Dr Sunak said it himself, people aren't more ill than they used to be, nothing to see here. The policy is basically just play chicken with them until they can't eat/live to force them back into work. We can't involve doctors anymore because they are focussed on the health of their patient and that gets in the way of these scroungers being productive little drones.

Problem involving poor person = stick

Problem involving rich person = carrot

We are constantly punching down as a society and it's ****ing sad to see the acceptance of it.
    Very well said Eric. It's important to note that mental health is never going to be improved with a 'stick'. It's never been good for society. Living wages and the ability to afford to 'go' to work is overlooked here. I've never understood how wages can be so low that they have to be topped up by government benefits. It's disgusting.

Introduce a UBI and most of people's worries disappear. 'Work' is a misnomer anyway. It can be anything from minimum wage (slave) labour jobs to something rewarding and skilful. These f*cking soundbites by incompetent politicians are dangerous and irresponsible.

Decent work. Decent pay. Decent homes to live in. Not a return to Victorian work ethics. This is why I want a political party to be fighting for these things but there isn't one. Anywhere. They're all f*cking useless.