Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
And do you think that the reason they are Christians is that they chose Christianity or because it was brought to them when the continent was taken over by missionaries , who spread the word of Christianity ?

Why do you think that on the whole the North and North East of Africa is Islamic ?

Its all cobblers to me however its clear that the tory party and its followers attend church in their droves which is odd given the tory parties slant on welfare , immigration etc

If there is a god and he's kind , caring and all loving I can't see him being a tory

Anyway I am off to listen to Black Sabbath , talk to Satan and practice the dark arts

If God loves us all I will be let in and won't have to go to church after all
I give you a fact about the number of Christians in Africa and straightaway you dismiss it. Of course missionaries told them of Christianity, how else would they know about it?

A few facts...science is progressive. What you think is fact based now may change...ie the sun moves around the earth, later the earth circles the sun, later the earth doesn't exactly circle the sun it's more ecliptical.

Fact...I bloke I knew very well who ran an intensive care unit. He told me that within a day or so of seeing a patient he could determine whether they would, with care, recover or not. He based everything on facts, blood oxygen, electrolytes, microbiology, weight, age etc.....all facts. Sometimes he said that he came across patients where all the science said they should be dead. But they weren't and they recovered. He had no rational answer for this. I don't know if he was a Christian or not, we never discussed it.

This bloke was one of the most intelligent people I had ever met. He was a clinical physiologist. He lived on facts.