+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Riddle me this.

Rhondda Cynon Taff is reported as having an infection raite of 177/100,000.
    Abercynon test centre was doing about 1000 tests a day 2 weeks oe so ago, now they are doing 300. That is the limit put on them by the government.
    Other test centres like Ebbw Vale have similar restrictions imposed.
    The mobile Unit attached to Cardiff Test Centre has been paid for 8 weeks and has never left its base to carry out 1 single test. There are far fewer test being carried out now that 2 weeks ago. A new test centre set up in Pontypridd is hardly used and they are now setting one up in Museum Place in Cardiff on Wednesday.

So where is the government getting the figures that inform their statements? And where are all these positive tests being done?
    Is it because there are so many positive tests being done in Hospitals and Care Homes? Wouldn't have thought so myself.

Changing topic somewhat, this is an interesting development;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...pandemic-risks

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is it because there are so many positive tests being done in Hospitals and Care Homes? Wouldn't have thought so myself.

Changing topic somewhat, this is an interesting development;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...pandemic-risks
    I get what you mean, but they still have to be counted in the test total, and if all the new cases were in care homes and hospitals shirley they wouldn't be locking down whole towns and cities? It makes no sense.
    There are tow trains of thought amongst those involved, one is there is a lack of test kits, but if that were the case it would be in all the newspapers and the Westminster Government would be getting blamed (I have no idea if Wales NHS is responsible for sourcing its own kits)
    -and the other is that they are preventing the test centres from testing people from outside their own area because they don't want people crossing into an area in partial lockdown. It is a fact that they are no longer getting people coming for test from Gloucestershire and Somerset, or anywhere else except locally.
    Perhaps the Welsh government is acting to stop English people coming into wales in any way it can because The UK government won't make the order. But even that doesn't make sense because if there is a spike in places like Merthyr and RCT then there should be a surge in people wanting tests but it ain't happening.
    This means you can cross a boundary to go to school but not to find out if you have a potentially fatal illness.