+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for if election day was today?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plaid

14 33.33%
  • Labour

15 35.71%
  • Tories

9 21.43%
  • Greens

1 2.38%
  • Lib Dems

0 0%
  • UKIP

0 0%
  • Propel

1 2.38%
  • Abolish

2 4.76%

Thread: Welsh Elections 2021 poll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Welsh Elections 2021 poll

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I'd like to vote Labour but I can't after some of the rubbish Drakeford has done and also endorsing anti-Brexit Starmer somewhat and I can't vote for Plaid as they're nationalistic idiots

So it's a choice between Tories or not voting.
    what is the rubbish that Drakeford has done?

which Tories in Wales have impressed you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

I'm not going to give my entire political viewpoint over the internet but there are both things that a local and national level that alter my view

Tories at a national level have heavily supported the sector I work in as well as a pro-Brexit agenda which a lot of Wales voted for.

Welsh Labour are doing some things that I agree with such as taking in to public ownership the trains and Cardiff airport and then shoot themselves in the foot with the M4 relief road and various other infrastructure projects that have failed due to environmental concerns (which I'll admit is really not a concern of mine)

My bigger gripe is more to do with Labour at a national level.

I'll admit - I probably do want a 'Tory Party-Lite' without all the rubbish the Tory party comes with

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I'm not going to give my entire political viewpoint over the internet but there are both things that a local and national level that alter my view

Tories at a national level have heavily supported the sector I work in as well as a pro-Brexit agenda which a lot of Wales voted for.

Welsh Labour are doing some things that I agree with such as taking in to public ownership the trains and Cardiff airport and then shoot themselves in the foot with the M4 relief road and various other infrastructure projects that have failed due to environmental concerns (which I'll admit is really not a concern of mine)

My bigger gripe is more to do with Labour at a national level.

I'll admit - I probably do want a 'Tory Party-Lite' without all the rubbish the Tory party comes with
    I honestly don't believe that the Welsh Tories would have pushed the M4 relief road through either. the project made no sense financially. unless the firm's that were doing it were large Tory donors I can't see them having the appetite for it.

I honestly don't believe that the Welsh Tories would have pushed the M4 relief road through either. the project made no sense financially. unless the firm's that were doing it were large Tory donors I can't see them having the appetite for it.
    It wouldn't surprise me to see Tories do well (labour fatigue, Tory MP's in North Wales from last Westminster elections but actually vote increase larger in the south) but, imo, I can't see what they have done to deserve it.

Regarding M4 relief road, if it does get made you almost instantly have to thing about a second relief road and that's only going to cause greater damage to the environment. Meanwhile, floods in Wales get worse.

Regarding Covid, ignoring the fire-breal idea, delay of lockdown in England, schools going back for one day all contributed to more sustained level of grief under a Tory government this winter.

In the big event of the year (covid) and big event of the next 10-15 years (climate change) Tories haven't stood up well. All while making cuts to any project in Wales at Westminster level or ignoring Wales completely.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me to see Tories do well (labour fatigue, Tory MP's in North Wales from last Westminster elections but actually vote increase larger in the south) but, imo, I can't see what they have done to deserve it.

Regarding M4 relief road, if it does get made you almost instantly have to thing about a second relief road and that's only going to cause greater damage to the environment. Meanwhile, floods in Wales get worse.

Regarding Covid, ignoring the fire-breal idea, delay of lockdown in England, schools going back for one day all contributed to more sustained level of grief under a Tory government this winter.

In the big event of the year (covid) and big event of the next 10 years (climate change) Tories haven't stood up well.
    the relief road project would have sucked up all of the Welsh governments infrastructure spending capabilities for a long time and not actually delivered much tangible benefit.
    I think it was estimated to generate an extra £25 million a year. for the cost it was extremely not worth it.
    "environmental concerns" is a red herring - if it had paid for itself in 2 years it would have definitely been done. it was going to take like 30 years to pay back - so it got shelved.

I can't believe the conservatives would have approached it any differently. it would be an extremely un-tory way of doing things.

Joel Williams. Currently councillor for Pontprennau and St Mellons. He’s young, but impressive. He’s running for Cardiff North in the assembly elections I believe. Think he will go far.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Joel Williams. Currently councillor for Pontprennau and St Mellons. He’s young, but impressive. He’s running for Cardiff North in the assembly elections I believe. Think he will go far.
    I've met him , he is so young , very switched on, not your usual Tory