Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
. The biggest problem in cardiff is the wind and horizontal rain, it's never that cold here.
The biggest problem is that the city centre is a ghost town. What’s the point of all of this? There is nobody to serve. I live in England and come back here a few times a year. I went into town today and was quite shocked. Admittedly I do live near Covid-bashing bishops stortford, where as other posters have reported we live in a sort of bustling Eutopia of socially distanced coronavirus defiance. But even so... if it wasn’t for the bin men emptying the (presumably already empty) bins, I’d not have seen a single person on my walk from westgate st to the civic centre at 9.30am. It’s not quiet, it is dead.

And those yellow lines.... Jesus wept. I get that the council feels the need to do something, but all the same, someone must have realised what a colossal waste of time and effort that was. By lunchtime there were a few people about, none of them paying any attention to the yellow markings. I particularly like the ones where you can walk in either direction anyway. Could they at least have done it in a way that was more easily reversible?

I’ve heard quite a few people say that Wales was a bit more cautious than England but I hadn’t realised the extent of it, it was quite upsetting to see.