+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Exercise

Exercise

When I was younger I played football , rugby , cricket , was a keen swimmer , sometimesxwent down the gym etc was never into squash , badminton , cycling

Nowadays its walking and dumbells and press ups and squats at home

I have mates who think nothing of going for three 10 k runs a week

I couldnt walk 10 k never mind run it

Re: Exercise

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    When I was younger I played football , rugby , cricket , was a keen swimmer , sometimesxwent down the gym etc was never into squash , badminton , cycling

Nowadays its walking and dumbells and press ups and squats at home

I have mates who think nothing of going for three 10 k runs a week

I couldnt walk 10 k never mind run it
    10k is about 13000 steps? That is a long old walk (probably approaching 1.5 hours) but I’ve done it a few times. Reckon 30-40 minutes brisk walk a day can keep you reasonably fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    10k is about 13000 steps? That is a long old walk (probably approaching 1.5 hours) but I’ve done it a few times. Reckon 30-40 minutes brisk walk a day can keep you reasonably fit.
    Before I did my ankle in I would walk five or six miles at least 4 times a week , up and down hills , on the flat etc

That's beyond me now

Overheard from a group of teenagers while striding up the incline approaching Castle Coch:

"Look at him! I'm going to get fit if it kills me!"

Exercise is bad for you.

Before I did my ankle in I would walk five or six miles at least 4 times a week , up and down hills , on the flat etc

That's beyond me now
    Apparently it’s not all about the distance but pace too. So if you walk a shorter distance but at a brisker pace it’s good for cardio etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Overheard from a group of teenagers while striding up the incline approaching Castle Coch:

"Look at him! I'm going to get fit if it kills me!"
    A friend of mine told me of her teenage son going missing last week and she said "You anxiously worry about them having possibly died and then they turn up and you want to kill them".

Apparently it’s not all about the distance but pace too. So if you walk a shorter distance but at a brisker pace it’s good for cardio etc.
    Walking is the only exercise I have ever been able to stick to, I cant stand running

I take my hat off to people who have exercise as such an important part of their life

A mate of mine is a great bloke , apart from the fact hes a jack .....hes got three young kids , a full time job

Yet he is a black belt in karate , trains twice week doing that ......he runs , swims , cycles , goes to the gym

Jesus christ

International

Thats about 6.25 miles. If you can walk that in under 1.5 hours that's pretty good walking speed. I walk about 4 MPH and most people complain I go to fast!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Thats about 6.25 miles. If you can walk that in under 1.5 hours that's pretty good walking speed. I walk about 4 MPH and most people complain I go to fast!
    I walk to a village three miles away then walk back , it's all flat so easy on my ankle and wear decent walking shoes in the winter and walking trainers in the summer

The idea of getting up at the crack of dawn to run five miles before breakfast or spending an hour down the gym three days a week or dressing up in wet weather gear for winter cycling is about as appealing as getting a swansea city season ticket

I walk to a village three miles away then walk back , it's all flat so easy on my ankle and wear decent walking shoes in the winter and walking trainers in the summer

The idea of getting up at the crack of dawn to run five miles before breakfast or spending an hour down the gym three days a week or dressing up in wet weather gear for winter cycling is about as appealing as getting a swansea city season ticket
    Too right with that last statement, after today you might get a game.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Too right with that last statement, after today you might get a game.
    I could rule the Swansea midfield , easy