+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F*ck 'em all

F*ck 'em all

Not interested in this election, any party, any 'pledges', any supporters of any parties and haven't watched a single piece of news or listened to any of them. Not voting.

If I'm lucky I may live until I'm 70....but this country will still sh*t on me.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...meless-britain

Re: F*ck 'em all

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Not interested in this election, any party, any 'pledges', any supporters of any parties and haven't watched a single piece of news or listened to any of them. Not voting.

Why wouldn't Cuba let him live there?

Is every non vote a vote by default for the Tories?

Forget the polls to some extent. Tories are embarrassed to be Tories. They will be out on the day.

Let's kick out the most useless government in history.

Got my postal vote form for Cardiff South and Penarth. No one on there I think I could bring myself to vote for. It'll be the first time I've not voted in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Got my postal vote form for Cardiff South and Penarth. No one on there I think I could bring myself to vote for. It'll be the first time I've not voted in my lifetime.
    If 5 more years of the Tories with who knows as PM and the likes of Patel , Braverman in Govt is ok for you as you don't think an alternative will make the slightest bit of difference then don't use your vote.

For me stopping the absurd ship em to Rwanda playing up to the far right is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If 5 more years of the Tories with who knows as PM and the likes of Patel , Braverman in Govt is ok for you as you don't think an alternative will make the slightest bit of difference then don't use your vote.

For me stopping the absurd ship em to Rwanda playing up to the far right is enough.
    I don't like the Tories. But there's no party I actively find acceptable. I'm certainly not gong to be responsible for inflicting Starmer's New New Labour on the country.

I would rather drink battery acid than vote Tory

So whilst the world isn't going to be happy every day under labour that's the x for me

And the majority of the UK it seems

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would rather drink battery acid than vote Tory

So whilst the world isn't going to be happy every day under labour that's the x for me

And the majority of the UK it seems
    I'm still unsure what people are genuinely expecting to improve? I get the dopamine hit from giving a govt a kicking, but after that I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

You're missing out on Kiera Marshall - who has made a huge impression on the voters of Cardiff West

https://x.com/Kiera_Plaid/status/180...2GpHG9emQ&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    You're missing out on Kiera Marshall - who has made a huge impression on the voters of Cardiff West

https://x.com/Kiera_Plaid/status/180...2GpHG9emQ&s=19
    I am sure she's a good candidate but she's got absolutely no chance and indeed Plaid nationally look like losing 2 seats

I think they should just become a focus group

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm still unsure what people are genuinely expecting to improve? I get the dopamine hit from giving a govt a kicking, but after that I mean
    Well the liberals are the only ones pushing the boat out with spending but they are not going to get in

Labour are planning to spend more than the Tories

That will do for most people

I am sure she's a good candidate but she's got absolutely no chance and indeed Plaid nationally look like losing 2 seats

I think they should just become a focus group
    You do realise that in two years time the Senedd election will almost certainly result in two Plaid Cymru MSs being elected in Cardiff - and quite possibly three or four? Kiera is laying the groundwork for those elections now. She will almost certainly come second in this election with a record vote for Plaid in the constituency.

Well the liberals are the only ones pushing the boat out with spending but they are not going to get in

I think it's pretty much the same actually. The two big spending outliers are Reform and the Greens.

You do realise that in two years time the Senedd election will almost certainly result in two Plaid Cymru MSs being elected in Cardiff - and quite possibly three or four? Kiera is laying the groundwork for those elections now. She will almost certainly come second in this election with a record vote for Plaid in the constituency.
    That doesn't mean anything

When it comes to the big one Plaid try to get their message over but it's one of independence ultimately

And the majority of the Welsh population don't want this

Plaids best hope is to push for a strong influence on a Labour government in the hot seat at Westminster

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think it's pretty much the same actually. The two big spending outliers are Reform and the Greens.
    The liberals are the highest of the 3 main parties, by some distance

The greens and reform are playing silly games

That doesn't mean anything

When it comes to the big one Plaid try to get their message over but it's one of independence ultimately

And the majority of the Welsh population don't want this

Plaids best hope is to push for a strong influence on a Labour government in the hot seat at Westminster
    Labour won 41% of the vote in Wales at the 2019 general election. Opinion polls for the 2024 general election show that support for Labour has declined in Wales - which isn't surprising given Drakeford's decline and VG's disastrous reign.

Since 2021 opinion polling for the next Senedd elections has consistently shown support for Labour in the low 30s% for the regional seats. All seats will be 'regional' in 2026 and after 2 years of Starmer and 2 years of VG's replacement - possibly Lynne Neagle - the Welsh electorate are very unlikely to be more enthusiastic about Labour than they are now.

We face the prospect of a Senedd with no majority (which has usually been the case since 1999) but with a diminished Labour Party cowed by High Commissioner Jo Stevens and a Plaid Cymru utterly hostile to Starmerism.

Plaid are likely to have 25-30 seats (out of 96) and could possibly form a minority government with Greens and LibDems.

Roll on 2026! Labour will have been outed as the two-faced neoliberal sham that they actually are and hopefully Wales will boot them out.

Labour won 41% of the vote in Wales at the 2019 general election. Opinion polls for the 2024 general election show that support for Labour has declined in Wales - which isn't surprising given Drakeford's decline and VG's disastrous reign.

Since 2021 opinion polling for the next Senedd elections has consistently shown support for Labour in the low 30s% for the regional seats. All seats will be 'regional' in 2026 and after 2 years of Starmer and 2 years of VG's replacement - possibly Lynne Neagle - the Welsh electorate are very unlikely to be more enthusiastic about Labour than they are now.

We face the prospect of a Senedd with no majority (which has usually been the case since 1999) but with a diminished Labour Party cowed by High Commissioner Jo Stevens and a Plaid Cymru utterly hostile to Starmerism.

Plaid are likely to have 25-30 seats (out of 96) and could possibly form a minority government with Greens and LibDems.

Roll on 2026! Labour will have been outed as the two-faced neoliberal sham that they actually are and hopefully Wales will boot them out.
    Keep holding onto that hope

Labour will have been outed as the two-faced neoliberal sham that they actually are and hopefully Wales will boot them out.
    👏👏👏

👏👏👏
    I think your bitterness will not be satisfied

Latest polls show 43 percent labour support in Wales

43 percent labour support in wales latest according to yougov

You may think Wales is stupid for blindly following labour but if the alternative is Plaid then I am afraid its not wanted

I think your bitterness will not be satisfied

Latest polls show 43 percent labour support in Wales
    Never been one to follow the crowd 👍

Never been one to follow the crowd 👍
    There's a positive in there for you somewhere 😂

👍

43 percent labour support in wales latest according to yougov

You may think Wales is stupid for blindly following labour but if the alternative is Plaid then I am afraid its not wanted
    Do you understand that that 43% support for Labour is for the Westminster election?

I'm talking about opinion polling for the 2026 Senedd elections. I got this graph from the wiki page on those elections.List_opinion_polling_for_the_next_Senedd_election.svg.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Senedd_election

So how will it all affect you? Your work and kids?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    So how will it all affect you? Your work and kids?
    I am voting for the country , not me