+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apart from Kasper Schmeichel.....

Apart from Kasper Schmeichel.....

...are there any other ex-Cardiff City players at the Euros?

Re: Apart from Kasper Schmeichel.....

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    ...are there any other ex-Cardiff City players at the Euros?
    Dai Thomas?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Dai Thomas?
    I like it!

Is Cornelius in their squad (that’s if he’s danish)

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Dai Thomas?
    Class 😂😂😂

Jorn Schwinkendorf might have a couple of tickets.

Guido Burgstaller is in the Austrian squad.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Guido Burgstaller is in the Austrian squad.
    He played for Austria as recently as October 2023 (and got sent off), but he’s not in their Euro 24 squad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He played for Austria as recently as October 2023 (and got sent off), but he’s not in their Euro 24 squad.
    (My mistake - I was looking at the Euro qualifier squad - not the tournament squad).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    (My mistake - I was looking at the Euro qualifier squad - not the tournament squad).
    Amazing, though - him still being selected by Austria last year at the age of 34. I’d love to know what actually happened during his time here. It all seemed very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Amazing, though - him still being selected by Austria last year at the age of 34. I’d love to know what actually happened during his time here. It all seemed very weird.
    We make half decent players look absolutely terrible, or finish them. It's the Cardiff way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We make half decent players look absolutely terrible, or finish them. It's the Cardiff way.
    That is class punditry. Fair play! 🤣😜

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That is class punditry. Fair play! ����
    Sadly, it's true. We don't improve players. Look at the general hysteria on here when one of our players creates something (except Bowler, he was hated and he had a hair band that seemed to upset the confused amongst our support )

Sadly, it's true. We don't improve players. Look at the general hysteria on here when one of our players creates something (except Bowler, he was hated and he had a hair band that seemed to upset the confused amongst our support )
    Bowler usually lost possession by not knowing when to release the ball and ploughing on regardless. Twas nowt to do with his barnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Bowler usually lost possession by not knowing when to release the ball and ploughing on regardless. Twas nowt to do with his barnet.
    The hair thing was a joke. I agree with you, although he didn't have many options really. His demeanour wouldn't have gone down well either.

See that’s the wordy version! I was admiring just how succinct you were earlier. Totally agree with you. We drag everyone down to our level. Especially strikers. I’m thinking it should be a syndrome. Possibly Cornelius Syndrome but I actually like the idea of Mad Madine Disease too.

Murphy Malaise!

According to my GP, I’ve been suffering from Whittingham withdrawal symptoms for the best part of a decade.

I don’t think he’s hair band or his constant need to keep moving it, has anything to do with his total lack of attention to what was happening on the pitch
    He either ran stopped and turned backwards, or ran until he was tackled
    No drive, little creativity, zero effort to win a ball back that he lost, at least the kit man could save on the washing, because I think you could count on the fingers of one finger the amount of times he broke into a sweat
    Bowler couldn’t beat an egg, let alone a defender

I couldn’t give a toss if he had a Mohican, a tattoo on his Barnet , or was wearing a pink G string on his head
    If you’re looking for attention from the crowd, then let your football do the talking, and don’t hide

I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re true that he had a clause in his loan contract stating he had to play or at least start when fit, it just shows how important it is to only pick players on merit, rather than some tart who thinks he’s doing us a favour by being here

The hair thing was a joke. I agree with you, although he didn't have many options really. His demeanour wouldn't have gone down well either.
    I imagine one option was to get it cut

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    According to my GP, I’ve been suffering from Whittingham withdrawal symptoms for the best part of a decade.
    I saw my doctor the other day about a Thorne in my Legg. He said take this ointment and Gabbidon the wound. It’ll soon Healey up.

I told him my real problem was my Willie didn’t run anymore. He took a look and said the Bell end is ok, I just need to Drinkwater to flush my Livermore.

He also suggested a holiday, so I Went to John Lewis to pick up some bathers before heading off to Pontin’s.

I really wanted Speedo’s but they were too good for the likes of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisp White Lines View Post
    I saw my doctor the other day about a Thorne in my Legg. He said take this ointment and Gabbidon the wound. It’ll soon Healey up.

I told him my real problem was my Willie didn’t run anymore. He took a look and said the Bell end is ok, I just need to Drinkwater to flush my Livermore.

He also suggested a holiday, so I Went to John Lewis to pick up some bathers before heading off to Pontin’s.

I really wanted Speedo’s but they were too good for the likes of us.
    You need a few glasses of Perry, before you go psycho

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You need a few glasses of Perry, before you go psycho
    You can Sayer what you want about the NHS but they’ve always sorted out my McPhaillments.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I don’t think he’s hair band or his constant need to keep moving it, has anything to do with his total lack of attention to what was happening on the pitch
    He either ran stopped and turned backwards, or ran until he was tackled
    No drive, little creativity, zero effort to win a ball back that he lost, at least the kit man could save on the washing, because I think you could count on the fingers of one finger the amount of times he broke into a sweat
    Bowler couldn’t beat an egg, let alone a defender

I couldn’t give a toss if he had a Mohican, a tattoo on his Barnet , or was wearing a pink G string on his head
    If you’re looking for attention from the crowd, then let your football do the talking, and don’t hide

I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re true that he had a clause in his loan contract stating he had to play or at least start when fit, it just shows how important it is to only pick players on merit, rather than some tart who thinks he’s doing us a favour by being here
    The Hair band comment was for you, I knew you'd turn up🤣

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I imagine one option was to get it cut
    If you've got it, flaunt it👍